How much is car hire in Egypt?

Old September 5th, 2006, 06:34 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
[email protected]

Default How much is car hire in Egypt?

I want to travel round Egypt a bit. How much am I likely to be able to
get the cheapest smallest car for?

I would probably be hireing it in Cairo or Sharm el Sheikh. I would
want it for 7 to 14 days. I am willing to barter, and take a risk of
mechanical breakdown.

Thank you for any help.

Old September 6th, 2006, 10:33 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
JP

I want to travel round Egypt a bit. How much am I likely to be able to
get the cheapest smallest car for?

I would probably be hireing it in Cairo or Sharm el Sheikh. I would
want it for 7 to 14 days. I am willing to barter, and take a risk of
mechanical breakdown.

Believe me, you don't want to drive a car in Egypt. Second, you are willing
to take a risk of a mechanical breakdown, but how about a traffic accident
(your fault or not) or the reaction of the people after you hit a child with
"your" car?

Regards, John.

Old September 8th, 2006, 12:08 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
[email protected]

JP wrote:
I want to travel round Egypt a bit. How much am I likely to be able to
get the cheapest smallest car for?

I would probably be hireing it in Cairo or Sharm el Sheikh. I would
want it for 7 to 14 days. I am willing to barter, and take a risk of
mechanical breakdown.

Believe me, you don't want to drive a car in Egypt. Second, you are willing
to take a risk of a mechanical breakdown, but how about a traffic accident
(your fault or not) or the reaction of the people after you hit a child with
"your" car?

Regards, John.

Why not? I have driven in Morroco, Serbia and Greece and had no
problems.

I have heard about having problems after hitting people in some
countries, that you are likely to get linched rather than prosicuted.
It is not something that worries me over much, as I take every care to
NOT go around hitting children.

If I do hire a car, is it recomended that you drive off after a
possibly fatal trafic accident, as I have heard is the advice in india
for example?

Thanks for the input.

Old September 8th, 2006, 08:03 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Gerald Oliver Swift

JP wrote:
I want to travel round Egypt a bit. How much am I likely to be able to
get the cheapest smallest car for?

I would probably be hireing it in Cairo or Sharm el Sheikh. I would
want it for 7 to 14 days. I am willing to barter, and take a risk of
mechanical breakdown.

You can hire a car in Egypt for ca. 175 Euros per week including CDW.
Do a search on Google.

Regards, Gerry.
Old September 8th, 2006, 08:23 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
JP

If I do hire a car, is it recomended that you drive off after a
possibly fatal trafic accident, as I have heard is the advice in india
for example?

That's what I heard, yes. Advice is to drive off, and try to find a police
station. Never experienced it myself though.

Regards, John.