Ghana; Digya national park

Old October 10th, 2006, 05:04 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Henk[_1_]

Default Ghana; Digya national park

Hello,

Next year we want to make a trip to Ghana.
We think about visiting Digya national park.
In guidebooks and on the internet I have found some (dated) information,
and it seems that you should have your own transportation in the park.

Is this still the case; does someone have recent information about
visiting this park.
Do you need your own car, or can you hire a ranger with a car?
Can you stay the night in the park?

Henk
Old October 14th, 2006, 07:54 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
me[_2_]

Henk wrote:
Hello,

Next year we want to make a trip to Ghana.
We think about visiting Digya national park.
In guidebooks and on the internet I have found some (dated) information,
and it seems that you should have your own transportation in the park.

Is this still the case; does someone have recent information about
visiting this park.
Do you need your own car, or can you hire a ranger with a car?
Can you stay the night in the park?

Henk

hi Henk,

I also looked into going there but it seems difficult, although we only
had 2 weeks for Ghana.
Check Bradt travel guides online to see if there is info. otherwise
check with
http://www.operationhandinhand.nl/ they are in 'Nkoranza' which is
close by.
We hired a taxi driver (Kudyaforsu (ongeveer)) from there to take us to
Mole park.
He can be contacted via 'Charity' GSM 0242731095

Ghana fotos in here somewhere
http://www.flickr.com/groups/amailawaai/pool/