Cheapest way to get to Oxford, UK?

Old May 30th, 2004, 02:45 AM
Bob Martin

Default Cheapest way to get to Oxford, UK?

I want to try and go over to Oxford for a couple days in July, but
I'll only be able to go if it's real cheap (college-student budget),
like less than $800 for flight and hotel. Is this even possible?
Old May 30th, 2004, 08:06 AM
Peter File

I want to try and go over to Oxford for a couple days in July, but
I'll only be able to go if it's real cheap (college-student budget),
like less than $800 for flight and hotel. Is this even possible?

Using a combination of Mongolian and BA, you get a return from Ulaanbaatar
for around 1200 GBP. Please don't keep us in the dark about where you are
departing from??

Old May 30th, 2004, 11:01 AM
Keith Willshaw

"Bob Martin" wrote in message
om...
I want to try and go over to Oxford for a couple days in July, but
I'll only be able to go if it's real cheap (college-student budget),
like less than $800 for flight and hotel. Is this even possible?

Hell yes the bus from Abingdon is a lot cheaper than that.
Of course from overseas it may be more expensive

Seriously there's a;ist of guest houses at
http://www.touristnetuk.com/wm/oxfor...ced/oxford.htm

For the flight talk to a good travel agent, it should be possible
but its already a little late for booking for July so dont delay

Keith

Old June 2nd, 2004, 09:31 PM
Bob Martin

"Peter File" wrote in message ...
I want to try and go over to Oxford for a couple days in July, but
I'll only be able to go if it's real cheap (college-student budget),
like less than $800 for flight and hotel. Is this even possible?

Using a combination of Mongolian and BA, you get a return from Ulaanbaatar
for around 1200 GBP. Please don't keep us in the dark about where you are
departing from??

Hmm... yeah, I guess that would help, wouldn't it?

I'm trying to fly out of Atlanta, though I could possibly go out of
New York, Boston, Washington, or Orlando if need be.

I'd like to be able to fly into London, though other airports in
England or maybe Ireland could possibly work (in those cases I'd be
staying in that city instead of Oxford).