Passport to the Universe...

Old November 11th, 2008, 11:36 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Noah's Dove

Default Passport to the Universe...

http://www.space.com/scienceastronom...ay_040524.html
"If you've ever wondered how big the universe is, you're not alone.
Astronomers have long pondered this, too,

and they've had a hard time figuring it out. Now an estimate has been
made, and its a whopper.

The universe is at least 156 billion light-years wide." - Robert Roy
Britt

Will it be possible for people to explore the wonders of the heavens
beyond our Milky Way galaxy to the outer limits of this universe? I
have to admit it I like some of the ideas presented in the Startrek
tv series and movies... like the idea of boldly going
where no one has gone before...to explore strange new worlds...etc.

But presently, there are no starships available with warp
capability. And even if there were, with mankind's limited life span
one would not
be able to go too far to explore the universe even in several life
spans.

It's more likely God will provided another way to get there. After
all
it says in the Bible
that God created the heavens, the earth and the stars. And if there
is a gift of eternal life or
immortality given to His people then with God's help anything is
possible.

So, It is unlikely that God would keep His people confined to one
little corner of the universe.

Some Biblical References :

Gen.1

[1] In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
[16] And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the
day,
and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

Pss.8

[1] O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who
hast set thy glory above the heavens.
[[3] When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon
and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
[4] What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man,
that thou visitest him?
[5] For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast
crowned him with glory and honour.
[6] Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands;
thou hast put all things under his feet:
[9] O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!

Pss.19

[1] The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth
his handywork.
[2] Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth
knowledge.
[3] There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.
[4] Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to
the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,
[5] Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth
as a strong man to run a race.
[6] His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit
unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.
[7] The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the
testimony
of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.

Pss.136

[1] O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy
endureth for ever.
[2] O give thanks unto the God of gods: for his mercy endureth for
ever.
[3] O give thanks to the Lord of lords: for his mercy endureth for
ever.
[4] To him who alone doeth great wonders: for his mercy endureth for
ever.
[5] To him that by wisdom made the heavens: for his mercy endureth
for
ever.
[6] To him that stretched out the earth above the waters: for his
mercy endureth for ever.
[7] To him that made great lights: for his mercy endureth for ever:
[8] The sun to rule by day: for his mercy endureth for ever:
[9] The moon and stars to rule by night: for his mercy endureth for
ever.

Pss.147

[1] Praise ye the LORD: for it is good to sing praises unto our God;
for it is pleasant; and praise is comely.
[2] The LORD doth build up Jerusalem: he gathereth together the
outcasts of Israel.
[3] He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.
[4] He telleth the number of the stars; he calleth them all by their
names.
[5] Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is
infinite.
[6] The LORD lifteth up the meek: he casteth the wicked down to the
ground.

Amos.5

[8] Seek him that maketh the seven stars and Orion, and turneth the
shadow of death into the morning, and maketh the day dark with night:
that calleth for the waters of the sea, and poureth them out upon the
face of the earth: The LORD is his name:

John.14

[2] In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I
would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
[3] And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and
receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Rev.7

[17] For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed
them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God
shall
wipe away all tears from their eyes.

Rev.21

[1] And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and
the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
[2] And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God
out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
[3] And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the
tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they
shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their
God.
[4] And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there
shall
be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be
any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
[5] And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things
new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and
faithful.
[6] And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the
beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the
fountain of the water of life freely.
[7] He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his
God, and he shall be my son...

Rev.22

[1] And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal,
proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
[2] In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the
river,
was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and
yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for
the healing of the nations.
[3] And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of
the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
[4] And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their
foreheads.
[5] And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle,
neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and
they shall reign for ever and ever.

1Cor.2

[9] But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither
have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath
prepared for them that love him.

John.3

[16] For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have
everlasting life.

Dan.12

[3] And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the
firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars
forever and ever

Eph.2
[8] For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of
yourselves: it is the gift of God:
[9] Not of works, lest any man should boast.

2Cor.4
[17] For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for
us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;
[18] While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the
things
which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but
the things which are not seen are eternal.
Rom.2
[7] To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory
and honour and immortality, eternal life:
1Cor.15
[53] For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal
must put on immortality.
[54] So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and
this
mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass
the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Luke.1

[37] For with God nothing shall be impossible.

Is there good reason to have this hope? Yes, much assurance can be
found in the Bible and Messianic Prophecies:

Messianic Prophecy: Review the incredible evidence that Jesus of
Nazareth is promised Messiah

Be assured that these prophecies were not conspired after-the-fact.
www.messianic-prophecy.net/ - 21k -

Messianic Prophecy: Investigate the statistical odds that one man
would fulfill every single one of them in this sample of just seven.
http://www.messianic-prophecy.net/me...c-prophecy.htm - 25k -
Old November 12th, 2008, 01:31 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"Noah's Dove" wrote in message
http://www.space.com/scienceastronom...ay_040524.html
"If you've ever wondered how big the universe is, you're not alone.

Wrong newsgroup noah... take your religious stuff someplace else

Old November 12th, 2008, 04:01 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
James

"Tom K" wrote in message

"Noah's Dove" wrote in message
http://www.space.com/scienceastronom...ay_040524.html
"If you've ever wondered how big the universe is, you're not alone.

Wrong newsgroup noah... take your religious stuff someplace else

Noah, tomkook is hiding from God. Please don't give him up.

Old November 13th, 2008, 03:34 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

On 11/11/2008 7:31 PM Tom K did a "happy dance", then made these writings:
"Noah's Dove" wrote in message

http://www.space.com/scienceastronom...ay_040524.html
"If you've ever wondered how big the universe is, you're not alone.

Wrong newsgroup noah... take your religious stuff someplace else

Unless you are offering the un-dead a cruise aboard the Mary Celeste. :-D

--
________
Brian M. Kochera