Review B2B Celebrity Infinity and Carnival Liberty

Old February 21st, 2006, 03:01 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Review B2B Celebrity Infinity and Carnival Liberty

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message
t...

wrote in message
ups.com...
Below is my attempt at a comparison between our recent B2B cruises. I
will warn you in advance, it is lengthy.

YIKES! Jo-Ann, if anyone else but you had written this, I would have
thought it to be a gross exaggeration!
It seems consistant with other Liberty reports...I thought that Len C.
might just have been a bit unhappy with his on her because it was a 5
dayer....But no one seems to have very nice things to say about her that I
can remember.
Sorry you had such a bad time...maybe you should have gone on her before
the Infinity and the shock would not have been so drastic!

Interesting point to take in a different direction...

Wonder what people would have thought about MSC had they gone on Infinity
first?

--Tom

Old February 21st, 2006, 03:48 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Tom K" wrote in message
Wonder what people would have thought about MSC had they gone on Infinity
first?

Having done both cruises back to back, Tom, I can assure you that it would
not have been that much of a shock..The wait staff was not as good as on the
Infinity, far from it with the Italian brusqueness; but the entertainment
staff that was always circulating about, would have compensated for that.
The food was different being an Italian line; but that was to be expected if
the passenger had done their research and knew a general idea of what to
expect.. Both the ships were elegant in their own way, but the MSC Opera was
spotless, whereas the Infinity was clean but showed some soil and
wear...They would have had a great time on both ships, in my opinion.. I
did!

--Jean

Old February 21st, 2006, 04:03 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

In article ,
"Jean O'Boyle" wrote:

"Tom K" wrote in message
Wonder what people would have thought about MSC had they gone on Infinity
first?

Having done both cruises back to back, Tom, I can assure you that it would
not have been that much of a shock..The wait staff was not as good as on the
Infinity, far from it with the Italian brusqueness; but the entertainment
staff that was always circulating about, would have compensated for that.
The food was different being an Italian line; but that was to be expected if
the passenger had done their research and knew a general idea of what to
expect.. Both the ships were elegant in their own way, but the MSC Opera was
spotless, whereas the Infinity was clean but showed some soil and
wear...They would have had a great time on both ships, in my opinion.. I
did!

--Jean

I'd say you would be right. I did Millie last January and my experience
was about the same as yours on Infinity. Exceptions were that the beef
was excellent on the Millie and it was kept cleaner than the reviews
have said about your MOAGC2 on Infinity.
Old February 23rd, 2006, 12:26 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Loved your review of the two ships. I was also in total agreement about
Celebrity's service. They absolutely do not lie when it comes to their
commercials saying they will treat you famously. We were sold on
Celebrity by the 2nd day of our 1st cruise with them which was on the
Zenith. We are looking forward to another cruise on the Zenith this
coming Nov. Cruise lines are live picking a movie. Some days you want
a comedy and other times a love story. So far we have Celebrity as our
#1 choice,

~Dory~
*

Old March 15th, 2006, 07:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

wrote:

The room service menu was the most extensive I've
ever seen, and since we had a Concierge Class cabin, the room service
menu for breakfast was outstanding. We ordered a full breakfast almost
every morning and ate it on our balcony. I'm not quite sure how they
were able to keep the fried eggs warm and the toasted English muffin
crisp, but they did. And the coffee was steaming hot. It was really
nice having such an extensive breakfast room service menu and we made
full use of it. There were yogurt parfaits and eggs made any way you
want (egg beaters, egg whites,any type omelets), lots of different
breakfast meats, etc.

Hi JoAnn,

I am way behind, just haven't been able to catch up since the MOAGC2!!

I loved your review and the way you compared the Infinity and the
Liberty, very well done!! I pretty much agree with everything you
said about the Infinity, I think that Celebrity has become our
favorite cruise line for now.

The Concierge Class room service breakfasts were wonderful, we took
advantage of them most mornings. My only question for you is how did
you manage to get your breakfasts while they were still hot? Our only
problem was that ours were mostly luke warm. Maybe we slept later then
you and Bob.LOL

It was great meeting you and Bob and I look forward to seeing you both
again, soon I hope!

sue
Old March 15th, 2006, 07:15 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Tom K wrote:

Seems you differ a bit from the MOAGCr's who keep insisting Celebrity food
isn't as good as Carnival food.

Tom, as you have said many times, the food differs not only from
cruise line to cruise line, ship to ship, but from sailing to sailing.
From my recent sailings I think food on the Conquest(yes Carnival)
was excellant, the food on the Infinity was very, very good. IMO the
big difference was that the beef on the Infinity was not as tender as
it should be, not bad, just not excellant. Just a few little things
like that.

Though perhaps in fairness... people who like Carnival food may be more of
the meat and potatoes gang, and not as interested in the more gourmet type
things like goat cheese soufflés on Celebrity.

Gee Tom, we thought the food on the Conquest was excellant, but we are
not part of the "meat and potato gang" that you talk about. We love
"good" food, simmple and gourment.

sue

Old March 15th, 2006, 09:45 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Sue and Kevin Mullen" wrote in message

Hi JoAnn,

The Concierge Class room service breakfasts were wonderful, we took
advantage of them most mornings. My only question for you is how did you
manage to get your breakfasts while they were still hot? Our only problem
was that ours were mostly luke warm. Maybe we slept later then you and
Bob.LOL

sue

Sue,

Danni and I requested breakfast in our cabin at 6:30AM, and once it arrived
she would go walk Heidi, so I was actually the only one having a "hot"
breakfast. HAL sent two decanters of coffee so it stayed hot until she
returned, and I would write what I wanted on the card, like "well done lox,
eggs and onions" and that was what I would get. Maybe it was because not
too many people were up that early, but the food was always hot.

The only problem we had on our last cruise was that the food was also always
early. :-(
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

(* _ *)

Old March 15th, 2006, 09:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Dick G wrote:
[...]

On the Infinity they called us a few minutes before they delivered our
breakfast, which we appreciated. They were always on time, but the
early end of the time period we had picked.

sue

Old March 15th, 2006, 10:22 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Sue and Kevin Mullen" wrote in message

On the Infinity they called us a few minutes before they delivered our
breakfast, which we appreciated. They were always on time, but the early
end of the time period we had picked.

sue

On the Hawaii and Canal cruises I would set our travel alarm ten minutes
before the requested time so that we could be prepared because we
encountered staff over the years who were absolutely petrified by the sight
of Heidi.

On our Westerdam cruise I learned early on that if I said 6:30AM I needed to
be dressed and between Heidi and the door by 6:15.

The idea of a warning call would have been a great idea.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

Old March 18th, 2006, 03:50 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

That part is for Kevin, for me it is hurry and hide in the
bathroom(grin). I really love the advace notice and we also used it as
our wake up call.

sue

Jeff wrote:
I love that! Very considerate. It's the "hurry up and put some clothes
on" call!!

Jeff