Question about TSA checkpoint

Old December 8th, 2008, 01:28 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Justin[_3_]

Default Question about TSA checkpoint

I am visiting my family in Italy from Dec 24th to Jan 4th.
My family and I would like to bring my family some sort of gift from the
US. My mom looked on the Baldwin Brass website and was going to buy six
candlesticks.
Then it occurred to me... bringing six heavy blunt objects through a
TSA checkpoint might not be a good idea. So we can't bring something
like that on our carry on.
What about checked luggage? Well, last year somebody I work with had
her laptop stolen. I will be keeping my Macbook and electronics with me
in my backpack.
What are the chances those TSA dregs are going to have sticky fingers?
I would like to bring my suit, a leather blazer and a decent overcoat.
Should I risk it and put that in my checked luggage?
Old December 8th, 2008, 02:53 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
irwell

On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 20:28:29 -0500, Justin wrote:

I am visiting my family in Italy from Dec 24th to Jan 4th.
My family and I would like to bring my family some sort of gift from the
US. My mom looked on the Baldwin Brass website and was going to buy six
candlesticks.
Then it occurred to me... bringing six heavy blunt objects through a
TSA checkpoint might not be a good idea. So we can't bring something
like that on our carry on.
What about checked luggage? Well, last year somebody I work with had
her laptop stolen. I will be keeping my Macbook and electronics with me
in my backpack.
What are the chances those TSA dregs are going to have sticky fingers?
I would like to bring my suit, a leather blazer and a decent overcoat.
Should I risk it and put that in my checked luggage?

Put the candlesticks in the decent overcoat, it will sail through the
screening process.
Old December 8th, 2008, 03:00 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Justin[_3_]

Irwell wrote:
[...]

Thanks. I was thinking of stuffing it down the front of my pants, then
people will KNOW I'm Italian.
Old December 8th, 2008, 04:05 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
PeterL

On Dec 7, 5:28*pm, Justin wrote:
I am visiting my family in Italy from Dec 24th to Jan 4th.
My family and I would like to bring my family some sort of gift from the
US. *My mom looked on the Baldwin Brass website and was going to buy six
candlesticks.
Then it occurred to me... *bringing six heavy blunt objects through a
TSA checkpoint might not be a good idea. *So we can't bring something
like that on our carry on.
What about checked luggage? *Well, last year somebody I work with had
her laptop stolen. *I will be keeping my Macbook and electronics with me
in my backpack.
What are the chances those TSA dregs are going to have sticky fingers?
I would like to bring my suit, a leather blazer and a decent overcoat.
Should I risk it and put that in my checked luggage?

If anyone is going to have sticky fingers it's not going to be TSA,
more likely baggage handlers, probably the other end. If you are so
afraid, why not just stay home. Be sure to double lock your door.

Old December 8th, 2008, 03:59 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Gregory Morrow[_99_]

Default scRunge is the dregs...

scRunge13 blabbles:

What has TSA got to do with Europe ??

Flights from USA go to Europa...

--
Best
Greg

" I find Greg Morrow lowbrow, witless, and obnoxious. For him to claim that
we are some
kind of comedy team turns my stomach."
- "cybercat" to me on rec.food.cooking

Old December 8th, 2008, 06:22 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
PeterL

On Dec 7, 5:28*pm, Justin wrote:
I am visiting my family in Italy from Dec 24th to Jan 4th.
My family and I would like to bring my family some sort of gift from the
US. *My mom looked on the Baldwin Brass website and was going to buy six
candlesticks.
Then it occurred to me... *bringing six heavy blunt objects through a
TSA checkpoint might not be a good idea. *So we can't bring something
like that on our carry on.
What about checked luggage? *Well, last year somebody I work with had
her laptop stolen. *I will be keeping my Macbook and electronics with me
in my backpack.
What are the chances those TSA dregs are going to have sticky fingers?
I would like to bring my suit, a leather blazer and a decent overcoat.
Should I risk it and put that in my checked luggage?

Another option is to FedEx those candle sticks to them. It'll cost
you more money, and give you peace of mind.
Old December 8th, 2008, 07:54 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge13[_2_]

Default morrow the moron on rampage

Cretin.

"Gregory Morrow" a écrit dans le message de
m...

scRunge13 blabbles:

Old December 9th, 2008, 01:50 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Justin[_3_]

Shawn Hirn wrote:
In article ,
Justin wrote:

I am visiting my family in Italy from Dec 24th to Jan 4th.
My family and I would like to bring my family some sort of gift from the
US. My mom looked on the Baldwin Brass website and was going to buy six
candlesticks.
Then it occurred to me... bringing six heavy blunt objects through a
TSA checkpoint might not be a good idea. So we can't bring something
like that on our carry on.
What about checked luggage? Well, last year somebody I work with had
her laptop stolen. I will be keeping my Macbook and electronics with me
in my backpack.
What are the chances those TSA dregs are going to have sticky fingers?
I would like to bring my suit, a leather blazer and a decent overcoat.
Should I risk it and put that in my checked luggage?

For something like that, my suggestion is to ship them and make sure
they're insured.

Apparently they have these locks that are TSA approved, the explsove
shiffer people can open the bags sniff for bombs and shut the damn things.
Old December 13th, 2008, 04:20 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Carole Allen[_1_]

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008 06:34:57 +0100, "Runge13"
wrote:

What has TSA got to do with Europe ??

Well, if his departure point for Europe is in the US, he's on topic...
duh!