Celebrity Mercury

Old November 29th, 2010, 12:34 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Default Celebrity Mercury

On our cruise on RCL in august we did not receive any news papers at
all,the only news we got was on the t.v.and then the reception kept
cutting out.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old November 29th, 2010, 12:51 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Janet Wilder

On 11/28/2010 6:34 PM, Surfer E2468 wrote:
On our cruise on RCL in august we did not receive any news papers at
all,the only news we got was on the t.v.and then the reception kept
cutting out.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

Correct. RCI stopped providing the little newspapers a couple of years
ago. More cost control, I guess.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Old November 29th, 2010, 01:02 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

On 11/28/10 7:34 PM, Surfer E2468 wrote:
On our cruise on RCL in august we did not receive any news papers at
all,the only news we got was on the t.v.and then the reception kept
cutting out.

That's one of the differences between RCI and Celebrity. RCI doesn't...
Celebrity Does.

Since you don't like to drive, there are some other Celebrity options.
Summit goes to Bermuda from Bayonne NJ. In the fall, I believe Summit
does Fall Foliage cruises out of Bayonne.

Then later yet, in the later Fall, the new ship Silhouette will do
Caribbean sailings out of Bayonne.

--Tom
Old November 29th, 2010, 03:55 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

On 11/28/2010 8:02 PM, Tom K wrote:
On 11/28/10 7:34 PM, Surfer E2468 wrote:
On our cruise on RCL in august we did not receive any news papers at
all,the only news we got was on the t.v.and then the reception kept
cutting out.

That's one of the differences between RCI and Celebrity. RCI doesn't...
Celebrity Does.

Since you don't like to drive, there are some other Celebrity options.
Summit goes to Bermuda from Bayonne NJ. In the fall, I believe Summit
does Fall Foliage cruises out of Bayonne.

Then later yet, in the later Fall, the new ship Silhouette will do
Caribbean sailings out of Bayonne.

Silhouette?? What cruise line?? I know I am behind the times since Kevin
is sick and in the hospital right now.

sue
Old November 29th, 2010, 04:01 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

On 11/28/2010 7:51 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
On 11/28/2010 6:34 PM, Surfer E2468 wrote:
On our cruise on RCL in august we did not receive any news papers at
all,the only news we got was on the t.v.and then the reception kept
cutting out.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

Correct. RCI stopped providing the little newspapers a couple of years
ago. More cost control, I guess.

Do they not have them available at all or just not deliver them to the
staterooms? I have not been on RCI in several years but most cruise
ships I have been on lately have them near the purser's desk, in several
languages.

Bill
Old November 29th, 2010, 04:41 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

On 11/28/10 10:55 PM, Sue Mullen wrote:

Silhouette?? What cruise line?? I know I am behind the times since Kevin
is sick and in the hospital right now.

sue

Celebrity, Solstice Class.

Sorry to hear Kevin's in the hospital.

--Tom

Old November 29th, 2010, 12:18 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

On 11/28/2010 11:41 PM, Tom K wrote:
On 11/28/10 10:55 PM, Sue Mullen wrote:

Silhouette?? What cruise line?? I know I am behind the times since Kevin
is sick and in the hospital right now.

sue

Celebrity, Solstice Class.

Nice, we loved the Solstice. We probably will of moved before it arrives
in NJ, but still it will be a great addition here.

Sorry to hear Kevin's in the hospital.

Thanks Tom. Don't know if you know about Samarium((Quadramet), but his
problems are because of that. Since you are not on facebook, ask Susette
to tell you what is going on. I have been posting very short updates
there, but don't have time or energy to send one of my regular email
updates.

sue

Old November 29th, 2010, 10:00 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

We use both baltimore,and bayonne n.j. for our cruises,it is just that
they usually do the caribbean,and we have been there so many times it is
starting to get tiresome,and as for the foliage cruises all we have to
do is look out our front or back windows and we see all the foliage we
can handle. It is a
lot of work raking all the dropped foliage from our lawns.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old November 29th, 2010, 10:01 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

SUE :
The silhouette is a celebrity ship. I believe it to be one of their big
ones.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..