RCCI Tipping

Old March 31st, 2004, 07:31 PM
Norm

Default RCCI Tipping

Is RCCI into pre-included tipping or can I stll hand my waiter, etc a cash
tip?

Old March 31st, 2004, 07:44 PM
Ray Goldenberg

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 18:31:48 GMT, "Norm" wrote:

Is RCCI into pre-included tipping or can I stll hand my waiter, etc a cash
tip?

Hi Norm,

You can still hand out gratuities in the traditional way.
Any more easy questions, just ask!

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old March 31st, 2004, 07:56 PM
Mike Cordelli

From their website:

10. Tipping - So that you can thank those who have made your cruise vacation
better than you could have imagined, we've developed suggested gratuity
guidelines:

Dining room waiter: $3.50 USD a day per guest
Stateroom attendant: $3.50 USD a day per guest
Assistant waiter: $2 USD a day per guest

Gratuities for headwaiters and other service personnel are at your
discretion. Envelopes for gratuities will be distributed to your stateroom
the day before your last day onboard. Also, gratuities may be paid in cash
or charged to your SeaPass account. A 15% gratuity will automatically be
added to your bar bill or wine check when you are served.
If you like, you can also pay for gratuities in advance. Just ask your
travel agent or reservation sales consultant to add this to your reservation
prior to your cruise.

news

Old March 31st, 2004, 08:39 PM
clint

Another senior moment, Goldie?
"Dick Goldhaber" wrote in message
Mike,

I get confused by initials because I think that Carnival is CCL and Royal
Caribbean is RCL because that is how I track their stocks.

If "RCCI" is Royal Caribbean Cruises International, they now suggest tips
for the cabin steward and table waiter which are lower than they were in
1990 when they suggested $3.75 per person per day.

WOW!!!
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

"Mike Cordelli" wrote in message
. ..
From their website:

[...]

news

Old March 31st, 2004, 09:46 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Norm wrote:
Is RCCI into pre-included tipping or can I stll hand my waiter, etc a cash
tip?

Just sailed the Rhapsody in Feb and we were given envelopes to use for
the tips.

sue

Old April 1st, 2004, 03:19 AM
Brian

Just got off the Nordic Empress about 3 weeks ago.

We were given traditional envelopes OR we were allowed to just add it to the
tab if done before Friday.

The pre-tip fees were $68 per person for the week. (7 nights)

So $138 for my wife and I combined. I think the break down was $60 for the
room attendant, $50 for the dining room waiter, and $28 for the assistant
waiter.

You were encouraged to slip a few bucks to the head waiter but we didn't. I
don't think we ever met the guy.

news

Old April 1st, 2004, 02:49 PM
Old guy

I would encourage you to consider front-loading your waiters. I always tip
and have recently begun giving my waiters ~2/3s of their tip the first day -
telling them "I am looking forward to their attention." Hasn't failed yet
and (IMO) I get noticably better service than others. Don't know if it is
violation of policy but the waiters have yet to complain.

news

Old April 1st, 2004, 05:29 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Old guy wrote:
I would encourage you to consider front-loading your waiters. I always tip
and have recently begun giving my waiters ~2/3s of their tip the first day -
telling them "I am looking forward to their attention." Hasn't failed yet
and (IMO) I get noticably better service than others.

We have been on 13 cruises so far and have never tipped ahead and still
get excellant service. I consider tipping ahead to be a bribe, which
isn't at all needed.

sue