Cell Phones on Deck!

Old March 2nd, 2006, 02:54 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Cell Phones on Deck!

On 2 Mar 2006 06:32:21 -0800, "Celebrity Cruiser"
wrote:

This new service makes me wonder....
When we "normally" get close to port and need to make a call, will that
call now go through the ship's cell repeater and cause an additional
charge that we didn't pay before?

Hi,

On ships where this system has been implemented I know that when in
port, they have shut off the system. If they didn't those on the ship
and nearby the ship would have been charged. I don't know about when
the ship is offshore a short distance. The crew and passengers have
always used their cell phones when at sea but still in range of the
shore cell sites.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old March 2nd, 2006, 07:30 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message
. net...

"AZ Nomad" wrote in message
She can't go 10 days without you checking in? Maybe you should just
stay in her room.

This is really uncalled for...SHE is at home, HE is on a cruise! Maybe you
are not a very caring son (if you are one) but there are those of us who
like to make sure that those we left behind are okay.

--Jean

I doubt people would be using the service excessively since the charges
aren't exactly cheap at $2-$5 per minuet but for the sake of an important
call about a close relative it's certainly worth the price.

Old March 2nd, 2006, 08:40 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"clint" wrote in message
I guess if she's sick, you'll have the ship turn around and go homw?

"Go homw" Clint?

Considering that IMHO you have never been on a cruise ship.....

Maybe you meant "homo" which would be par for the course for a troll who
posted "Some of them "darkiies" came on to us, and the cow leveled one of
the skinny "boonies" and we were never botherd agin! (Make an ugly woman
your wife-Jammes Brown)"

You da man, Clint, and we believe you.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

Old March 2nd, 2006, 08:57 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 04:44:10 GMT, Jean O'Boyle wrote:

"AZ Nomad" wrote in message
She can't go 10 days without you checking in? Maybe you should just
stay in her room.

This is really uncalled for...SHE is at home, HE is on a cruise! Maybe you
are not a very caring son (if you are one) but there are those of us who
like to make sure that those we left behind are okay.

You don't need a ****ing cell phone to receive a message.

If somebody is so sick that the person on the ship should be flying home
for a hospital (or funeral) visit, you can simply have the cruise company
send a message to the ship which will be delivered within the hour.
Unless you're expecting a helicopter to land on the ship, that's fast
enough.

Old March 3rd, 2006, 12:59 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Thus spake Charles :

In article , Mary
wrote:

I'm talking about the business men and women who can't leave their
work behind for even a few hours let alone a couple of weeks. So they
have to bother everyone else with loud converstions on the telephone.
I mean, as some of the replies to this post have demonstrated, they
actually think it's quite acceptable to conduct business even while
on a holiday cruise ship. If you're one of these people, I feel sorry
for you.

Personaly I don't conduct any business while on a cruise ship. But some
people have to. That is their concern, not anyone elses. Of course if
they bother everyone else with loud conversations that would be a
concern. Just like I would be concerned by someone coughing in my face.
There is going to be cell service, there will be people using it for
both business or pleasure or family reasons. They are going to be
polite users and no doubt there will be a few annoying users that we
can have endless threads about here. That is just the way it is going
to be.

All I know is the first cell phone I see in the dining room gets
dropped in a water glass.

Dick, would that be dinning room in this instance?
--
dillon

Could have been is in the past
Could be is in the future
There is only the now
Old March 3rd, 2006, 02:46 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Dillon Pyron" wrote in message

All I know is the first cell phone I see in the dining room gets
dropped in a water glass.

Dick, would that be dinning room in this instance?
--
dillon

Only if the cell phone's ringtone was extremely loud. 8-)
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

(* _ *)