Texas travel

Old April 22nd, 2007, 10:12 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
bb

Default Texas travel

Would appreciate any suggestions for a road trip anywhere in Texas. We have
several days to see something special in Texas, so we'd like some places we
might not know about or something interesting/fun you know about. Just neat
roads to travel, out of the way cafes, anything you might like to suggest
for a car trip during about 5 days.
TIA
Barbara

Old April 22nd, 2007, 10:48 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Todd Michel McComb

Big Bend National Park is a nice destination. Also Big Bend State
Park, which has a different sort of terrain. Between the two is
Terlingua, home of the chili cookoff.

Depending on where you're starting, though, 5 days might be pushing
your luck. It's a long drive to the Big Bend area.

Old April 22nd, 2007, 11:51 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

In article . net,
bb wrote:
Would appreciate any suggestions for a road trip anywhere in Texas. We have
several days to see something special in Texas, so we'd like some places we
might not know about or something interesting/fun you know about.

I haven't been to Texas much, but one day a few years ago I was visiting
friends in Austin and we went up to Pedernales Falls State Park. It was
very pretty, and so were the roadside wildflowers on the way to and from
the park.

The website is:

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/f...ernales_falls/

That site mentions, "Some nearby activities include Inks Lake State
Park, Longhorn Cavern State Park, Blanco State Park, and Guadalupe
River State Park; Lyndon B. Johnson National and State Historic Sites,
in Johnson City; Admiral Nimitz State Historic Site - National Museum
of the Pacific War in Fredericksburg; Enchanted Rock State Natural Area
north of Fredericksburg; and Aquarena Springs in San Marcos. Many wineries
are in the area including the Texas Hills Vineyard."

Fredericksburg, by the way, was founded by German settlers and is
apparently a popular place to visit.

Patty

Old April 23rd, 2007, 12:02 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Binyamin Dissen

On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 21:12:49 GMT "bb" wrote:

:Would appreciate any suggestions for a road trip anywhere in Texas. We have
:several days to see something special in Texas, so we'd like some places we
:might not know about or something interesting/fun you know about. Just neat
:roads to travel, out of the way cafes, anything you might like to suggest
:for a car trip during about 5 days.

Be aware - Texas is very big. It will take a day to drive across.

Depends on where you are starting and ending.

--
Binyamin Dissen
http://www.dissensoftware.com

Old April 23rd, 2007, 02:01 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
bb

"Binyamin Dissen" wrote in message
On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 21:12:49 GMT "bb" wrote:

:Would appreciate any suggestions for a road trip anywhere in Texas. We
have
:several days to see something special in Texas, so we'd like some places
we
:might not know about or something interesting/fun you know about. Just
neat
:roads to travel, out of the way cafes, anything you might like to
suggest
:for a car trip during about 5 days.

Be aware - Texas is very big. It will take a day to drive across.

Depends on where you are starting and ending.

How right you are! We live in Texas. Just wanted some info on where folks
have been that is fun and interesting.

Old April 23rd, 2007, 02:02 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
bb

"Patty Winter" wrote in message
In article . net,
bb wrote:
[...]

Thanks, Patty. Great ideas! We've been to some but not all, so will take
your suggestions into consideration!

Old April 23rd, 2007, 02:02 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
bb

"Todd Michel McComb" wrote in message
Big Bend National Park is a nice destination. Also Big Bend State
Park, which has a different sort of terrain. Between the two is
Terlingua, home of the chili cookoff.

Depending on where you're starting, though, 5 days might be pushing
your luck. It's a long drive to the Big Bend area.

Yes, we've done Big Bend; and it's just as you say, a great area to visit.
Thanks for your reply.

Old April 23rd, 2007, 04:15 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
PeterL

On Apr 22, 2:12 pm, "bb" wrote:
Would appreciate any suggestions for a road trip anywhere in Texas. We have
several days to see something special in Texas, so we'd like some places we
might not know about

Tell us everything you might not know about, then we can pick from
that list.

or something interesting/fun you know about.

Marfa Texas. (it's where they filmed Giant)

Old April 23rd, 2007, 04:17 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
PeterL

On Apr 22, 6:02 pm, "bb" wrote:
"Todd Michel McComb" wrote in ...

Big Bend National Park is a nice destination. Also Big Bend State
Park, which has a different sort of terrain. Between the two is
Terlingua, home of the chili cookoff.

Depending on where you're starting, though, 5 days might be pushing
your luck. It's a long drive to the Big Bend area.

Yes, we've done Big Bend; and it's just as you say, a great area to visit.
Thanks for your reply.

Like I said, instead of guessing where you have not been, why don't
you give us a list of places you have not been, and we'll pick from
that list to give you suggestions.