Texas travel

Old April 23rd, 2007, 06:47 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
george

Default Texas travel

On Apr 22, 11:12 pm, "bb" wrote:
Would appreciate any suggestions for a road trip anywhere in Texas. We have
several days to see something special in Texas, so we'd like some places we
might not know about or something interesting/fun you know about. Just neat
roads to travel, out of the way cafes, anything you might like to suggest
for a car trip during about 5 days.
TIA
Barbara

I agree with the person mentioning the booklet put out by the state
tourism board as it is excellent. Having lived near Fort Worth, I
would suggest visiting it. Dinosaur Valley State Park to the SW is
interesting for the dinosaur footprints in the river bed and nearby is
the pleasant Fossil Rim with its drive through animal park. The Fort
Worth nature center is also nice. A canoe trip down the Brazos River
below Possum Kingdom Lake is enjoyable. The old calvary fort at
Jacksboro is interesting. The Texas Hill country is always nice, and
to the east of it are many towns founded by immigrants from many
different countries that may be interesting to you. Of course, the
wildflowers are beautiful, there are many places where they may be
superb.

Just a few suggestions.

George

Old April 23rd, 2007, 01:57 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
bb

"george" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Apr 22, 11:12 pm, "bb" wrote:
[...]

Excellent George! All good suggestions and some we've never done. Thanks
so much.

Old April 23rd, 2007, 01:58 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
bb

Peter, you're right, there's lots we've seen but Texas is a big state.
Thought we'd find a gem someone knew about. Thanks.

"PeterL" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 22, 2:12 pm, "bb" wrote:
Would appreciate any suggestions for a road trip anywhere in Texas. We
have
several days to see something special in Texas, so we'd like some places
we
might not know about

Tell us everything you might not know about, then we can pick from
that list.

or something interesting/fun you know about.

Marfa Texas. (it's where they filmed Giant)

Old April 24th, 2007, 01:22 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
janerene

The Rattlesnake Roundup in Swee****er is pretty interesting. Draws a real
varied crowd! You can watch them hang, skin, and fry up rattlesnake, too.

Check out the Charreada schedule around San Antonio. The Charreada is a
Mexican style rodeo, which is different than your standard Anglo cowboy
rodeo. Fascinating!

I could clue you in on a lot more San Antonio things to do, but my guess is
if you live here, you have already checked out San Antonio. Jane

Old April 24th, 2007, 03:00 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
bb

"janerene" wrote in message
The Rattlesnake Roundup in Swee****er is pretty interesting. Draws a real
varied crowd! You can watch them hang, skin, and fry up rattlesnake, too.

Check out the Charreada schedule around San Antonio. The Charreada is a
Mexican style rodeo, which is different than your standard Anglo cowboy
rodeo. Fascinating!

I could clue you in on a lot more San Antonio things to do, but my guess
is if you live here, you have already checked out San Antonio. Jane

Thanks so the rodeo info....did not know about that. Sounds great!

Old April 24th, 2007, 06:30 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Mike Hanlon

"janerene" wrote in message
The Rattlesnake Roundup in Swee****er is pretty interesting. Draws a real
varied crowd! You can watch them hang, skin, and fry up rattlesnake, too.

Hang a rattlesnake, hmm. Their necks are so long, how do you know where to
put the noose?

Old April 28th, 2007, 09:59 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 21:12:49 GMT, "bb" wrote:

The Caverns of Sonora are mind-blowing.

http://www.cavernsofsonora.com/

Old May 7th, 2007, 08:15 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
duh

janerene wrote:
The Rattlesnake Roundup in Swee****er is pretty interesting. Draws a real
varied crowd! You can watch them hang, skin, and fry up rattlesnake, too.

Its either exceedingly simple, or exceedingly difficult, to hang a
rattlesnake. They're all neck.