Kerry Wants To Bring Soviet Canuckistan's Healthcare Nightmare To The US

Old September 21st, 2004, 08:42 AM
Rudy

Default Kerry Wants To Bring Soviet Canuckistan's Healthcare Nightmare To The US

(politicians) have the moral obligation to either fix the problem our get

out of the
business of health care altogether and let the citizens, through their
respective provinces or free-market (or some combo between the two),

account
for themselves.

You almost had me convinced there. What planet do you come from where
politicians either:

1. recognize or care about what you may percieve as a moral obligation ?
2. account for anything ?

Here are the two items that your pols ARE concerned about.
First, how much are you going to donate to their re-election campaign and
second, how many votes are you bringing with you ?

Old September 24th, 2004, 06:16 AM
Mike from Ottawa

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 07:38:30 -0400, Gactimus wrote:

There are few things that get liberals more excited than the idea of
socializing medicine. Just imagine all the new regulations they could use
to boss people around, all the new government workers who'd probably vote
Democratic, how much they could raise taxes, and the enormous growth of
government that'd result. It's like the holy grail of liberalism!

snip

Post your drivel elsewhere. This is a ng about travel in the US &
Canada, not about your political agenda and whose country is best.
Loser.

---
Mike from Ottawa

Old September 24th, 2004, 03:36 PM
Roger B.

Gactimus wrote:
There are few things that get liberals more excited than
the idea of socializing medicine.

I consider myself fairly liberal and its true, I do get excited by
certain kinds of socializing; however, I don't need any medicine.
What gets me down, though, are conservatives who think that
its perfectly okay to regulate the practice of medicine when it
pertains to dealing with women's bodies and invading homes
with secret warrants in search of bland singer-songwriters, like
Cat Stevens. I feel so much safer now. [R]