Bad experience with Lori Cunningham/Skyscraper Tours

Old October 27th, 2003, 11:21 PM
Steve Fine

Default Bad experience with Lori Cunningham/Skyscraper Tours

Lori Cunningham wrote:
Hi Steve

I will restate what I have said befo

With the Travel Guard refund, I was in negotiations with Travel Guard, and had
faxed over several requests to them. They were going to refund the majority of
your premium (and I was going to cover the difference) UNTIL YOU intervened in
the process.

It seems to me that you have posed this attack over the $493 that you want back
from Travel Guard. You would have received this, if you had not intervened in
what I was trying to do for you.

Now, you have not contacted me (since hearing from Travel Guard) to see if I
could help you. You have not contacted me at all to try and work out
compensation. Instead, you post a website to hurt me and my business.

Lori Cunningham
http://www.skyscrapertours.com

Lori,

As I have mentioned before, I sent your company two emails asking for a
premium refund. When you didn't respond I called you on July 1. At that
time you said that you did not support our request for a refund. After
that, there was nothing to discuss. Since then we have been working
through other channels to obtain a refund.

The web site is intended to share factual information about a bad
experience we had. The creation of the site was prompted by the recent
discussion about the need to share information about TAs.

Steve

Old October 27th, 2003, 11:39 PM
joyce1155

I'm on the Fine's side, they have the written facts to back them up, the other
party doesn't subscribe to the theory of , "the buck stops here" but rather
to the "it was Francesca's fault and she no longer works here". ( altho I am
ultimately responsible...yeah)
Old October 27th, 2003, 11:48 PM
Lori Cunningham

Hi Steve

I most certainly did not tell you that I would not request a refund from Travel
Guard. I was aggressively requesting a refund from Travel Guard for you. I have
the faxes to prove this.

What I told you on the phone, was that I was going to wait until you received
the refund from Travel Guard before writing a personal check to you. I had full
intention of helping you on this.

Lori Cunningham
http://www.skyscrapertours.com

In article . net, Steve Fine
says...

Old October 28th, 2003, 12:20 AM
Margaret Fine

Wolfgang Petrusch wrote:
Margaret:

I have brought this situation to the attention of my Travel Guard rep,
they usually don't like this kind of publicity. She has already
forwarded your link/page to their refunds department.

Reading the time line, I got the impression, that you authorized Lori
only to charge $330.00 for travel insurance. If this is the case, you
might want to check with your credit card company what can be done,
since you did not authorize the charge of $483.00, and because you
have proof for that (the initial invoice).

I wish Lori would respond here, because it looks to me from your
description, that after the initial mistakes had been made, she has
not been very helpful in assisting you to get your moneys back. I
don't know Lori, but I cannot imagine a responsible travel agent would
act the way you have detailed it.

Unfortunately, this gives us TA's another black eye, in addition to
the ones we have received lately in this group with all the recent TA
ethics threads.

Wolfgang Petrusch
www.deluxevoyages.com

Wolfgang,

Thanks for forwarding the information on. We wrote to TravelGuard's
refund department in July but without Lori's consent they would not help
us. Perhaps through your channels the information will reach someone who
is more understanding.

We have written our credit card company about the case and are waiting
for a response.

We certainly don't tar all TA's with the same brush. We know there are
good ones out there. The challenge is for people to find them.

Margaret and Steve

Old October 28th, 2003, 12:39 AM
Wolfgang Petrusch

My problem is not that mistakes happen ... they do all the time ... my problem
is people spinning to get out of it ... See my comment to Lori ... The problem
had no influence on my thinking towards TA's (or at least Lori) at all ... her
response to it however had a lot ...

The customer is always right ... doesn't seem to apply .. in fact "a customer
was wrong because we say so ..." seemed the order of the day ...
Your taking steps here to help ... boosts TA's (or at least you) ... in my eyes

Be seeing you
In the Village
Number 6

I have to agree with you concerning the spin. If you read Lori's reply
to Margaret's timeline, you cannot come to any other conclusion!

You also have to wonder why Lori responded the way she did. To allege
slander, and not to counter the arguments made by the other side, does
not look very professional. Trying to "spin" her way out of this
situation is economically not advisable, for two reasons:
a) It is always cheaper to keep a client happy, than to attract a new
client.
b) This has been a huge PR disaster for her, which will most certainly
affect her business.

IMHO, it should never have come to this point, and no responsible TA
would have acted that way. At least I have hopes that the link to
Margaret's web page, which I sent to Travel Guard, will induce them to
refund the money in lieu of a credit.

Wolfgang Petrusch
www.deluxevoyages.com
Old October 28th, 2003, 12:56 AM
PTRAVEL

Am I the only one who thinks that, now that a dialogue has been started, it
would be better for everyone if you all simply spoke to each other on the
telephone?

"Lori Cunningham" wrote in message
Hi Steve

I most certainly did not tell you that I would not request a refund from

Travel
Guard. I was aggressively requesting a refund from Travel Guard for you.

I have
the faxes to prove this.

What I told you on the phone, was that I was going to wait until you

received
the refund from Travel Guard before writing a personal check to you. I

had full
intention of helping you on this.

Lori Cunningham
http://www.skyscrapertours.com

In article . net, Steve

Fine
says...

Old October 28th, 2003, 01:08 AM
Freddyp

Hey Margaret and Stevey

You guys happy yet?

"Margaret Fine" wrote in message
nk.net...

Old October 28th, 2003, 01:18 AM
Barry Cunningham

You'd think,

We called the Fines earlier today and received an email from them that all needs
to be in writing via email. They do not wish to communicate over the phone.

Barry Cunningham
http://www.skyscrpertours.com

In article , PTRAVEL says...

Old October 28th, 2003, 01:50 AM
PTRAVEL

"Barry Cunningham" wrote in message
You'd think,

We called the Fines earlier today and received an email from them that all

needs
to be in writing via email. They do not wish to communicate over the

phone.

Barry Cunningham
http://www.skyscrpertours.com

My suggestion to you all: find an impartial mediator and do an informal
(meaning no lawyers, do it over the phone, etc.) and non-binding (meaning
all parties are free to pursue whatever remedies they want if it doesn't
work) mediation. Slugging it out on the internet won't resolve anything,
and just makes it all the more unlikely that a resolution can be effected
that will please everyone.

From my point of view (and I've read the entire thread) this shouldn't be
hard to work out to everyone's satisfaction.

In article , PTRAVEL says...

[...]

In article . net,

Steve
Fine
says...

Old October 28th, 2003, 02:42 AM
Asya Kamsky

In article ,
Barry Cunningham wrote:
We called the Fines earlier today and received an email from them that all needs
to be in writing via email. They do not wish to communicate over the phone.

I don't blame them. At least then they'll have everything in writing.

If they speak to you over the phone, we'll have to hear you claiming
that you said one thing and them that you said something else.

As it is with the emails available, we get a better idea whom to believe.
--
Asya Kamsky

"To forgive is an act of compassion. It is not done because
people deserve it, it's done because they need it." -- Rupert Giles.