Edmonton Police Brutality - City Can't Even Give Away Free Trips!!

Old December 22nd, 2006, 01:59 PM posted to edm.general,tor.general,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe
stonej

Default Edmonton Police Brutality - City Can't Even Give Away Free Trips!!

BenJKramer wrote:
In a banner headline story on the front page of the Edmonton Journal, for
today Thursday 13 July 2006, is a very interesting story. The neadline reads:
CONTEST OFFERS TRIPS TO CITY,
BUT COULDN'T GIVE THEM AWAY

Edmonton, in a desperate bid to get some tourists to visit this crime capital,
even offered FREE TRIPS all expenses paid, to random couples around Canada.

Instead of finding lots of takers, instead they found complete disdain, with
one couple saying they wouldn't even think of going there!

Guess all the bad international and national publicity about Edmonton Police
brutality is starting to have an effect!!

Since last fall, hardly a week goes by, without another scandal involving
either Police fraud, or police brutality.

If Canadians don't want to go Edmonton then this American will take a
free trip there.
Don't know exactly what there is to do in Edmonton but I hear they have
a large enclosed
shopping mall.

Old December 22nd, 2006, 02:07 PM posted to edm.general,tor.general,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe
RodnSue

"stonej" wrote in message
oups.com...
BenJKramer wrote:
[...]

Dont listen to BenJKramer, he`s a big old HOMO...........

Old December 23rd, 2006, 12:27 AM posted to edm.general,tor.general,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe
John Fleming

On 22 Dec 2006 05:59:29 -0800, while chained to a desk in the
scriptorium, "stonej" wrote:
$BenJKramer wrote:

[snip]

$If Canadians don't want to go Edmonton then this American will take a
$free trip there.
$Don't know exactly what there is to do in Edmonton but I hear they have
$a large enclosed
$shopping mall.

Aye, we do have that. At one time, it was the biggest in the world,
though there are now several that are bigger.

A trip up here in the summer will give you a lot to do. The Edmonton
Folk Festival, the Edmonton Fringe (second biggest in the world), and
the Capital Ex are three things that come to mind. And there are more
summer festivals than just those three.
--

John Fleming
Edmonton, Canada

A Dreamer is One Who Can Only Find Her
Way by Moonlight.

-- Oscar Wilde
Old December 23rd, 2006, 04:11 AM posted to edm.general,tor.general,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe
The Doctor

In article ,
John Fleming wrote:
On 22 Dec 2006 05:59:29 -0800, while chained to a desk in the
scriptorium, "stonej" wrote:
$BenJKramer wrote:

[snip]

$If Canadians don't want to go Edmonton then this American will take a
$free trip there.
$Don't know exactly what there is to do in Edmonton but I hear they have
$a large enclosed
$shopping mall.

Aye, we do have that. At one time, it was the biggest in the world,
though there are now several that are bigger.

A trip up here in the summer will give you a lot to do. The Edmonton
Folk Festival, the Edmonton Fringe (second biggest in the world), and
the Capital Ex are three things that come to mind. And there are more
summer festivals than just those three.
--

Must we give into Grosvenor the Rottenwilder?
Old December 23rd, 2006, 05:37 AM posted to edm.general,tor.general,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.europe
TopPoster

You can go to any ranch and meet the gay cowboys of Alberta

Socrates taught his students that the pursuit of truth can only begin once
they start to question and analyze every belief that they ever held dear. If
a certain belief passes the tests of evidence, deduction, and logic, it
should be kept. If it doesn't, the belief should not only be discarded, but
the thinker must also then question why he was led to believe the erroneous

"John Fleming" wrote in message
On 22 Dec 2006 05:59:29 -0800, while chained to a desk in the
scriptorium, "stonej" wrote:

[snip]