Renting car from NYC to Niagara

Old May 11th, 2004, 11:37 AM
Shawn Hearn

Default Renting car from NYC to Niagara

In article ,
"f. augustine" wrote:

Thanks for the input! I know it's far, but we thought it might be fun to
stop along the way and see things. Is there really nothing along the
way? What about the Jello Museum?

That depends on your interests. Check a guidebook for New York State and
see what interests you along the route. For me, I would probably fly
instead, but I did that drive once and I have no regrets at all about it.
Old May 13th, 2004, 02:07 AM
Abby N

"f. augustine" wrote:

Could someone suggest some ideas of renting a car from the city or
outskirts to drive back and forth to Niagara? Is there a easy commute to
a suburb and then get a rental rather than hassling with driving out of
the city? Can one take a subway or train and end up near a decent car
rental service without a major hassle?

Also, any tips on fun/weird things to do along the way or special route
to take.

Please email direct and thanks so much for your help. We are travelling
right after Memorial Day sometime during the week.
f.

Two months ago we took the train from Penn Station, NY to Niagara Falls,
Canada. It was an 8hr. trip (actually more like 9 1/2) one way, snowed
all the way, but very enjoyable. We had looked at a map beforehand and
decided that the Corning Museum didn't tempt us enough to rent a car and
drive. Like someone else mentioned, the scenery is not all that
terrific (we thought it looked like a Bev Doolitle painting) The time
went by very quickly and all and all it was a nice trip, especially
after running around Manhattan the previous week. It was $150. ea. round
trip. Just another perspective for you to consider.

Abby in Walnut Creek, CA