So??? is the HORIZON a dump?

Old December 20th, 2004, 02:25 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 00:25:06 GMT, Benjamin Smith wrote:

When looking at fit and finish you look at the yard
that builds the ship and then you look at the multitude of suppliers
that furnish the ship and a lot of them are the same. A lot of the firms
that provide furnishings for Princess provides furnishings for Radisson,
so I really don't know what your criteria is for "fit and finish".

Just find out who the morons were that made those chairs for the QM2 and
avoid that ship at all costs.
Old December 20th, 2004, 02:26 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 16:23:26 -0500, George Leppla wrote:

I think Heather posted that she has been
on two Celebrity ships while you have been on only one Carnival ship. Her
conclusions are based on more personal experience than yours yet you say
hers are not valid.

They're both invalid. Move on.
Old December 20th, 2004, 07:26 PM
Heather

From: Benjamin Smith

I always thought fit and finish had to do with panel gaps, alignment,
amount of imperfections in surfaces and general manufacture.

It does, but it also goes much deeper than that.

Your remarks about fit and finish make little sense to me.

Please God, help me.

so I really don't know what your criteria is for "fit and finish".

The same as it would be on a smaller vessel....a few things I look for: Proper
installation of soft goods (not just a few low grade staples..I wanna see
stainless deep lug tacking every two inches with double stitching), lots of
amazon teak or a space age substitute, encapsulated stringers in the engine
room, gelled glass inside cabs and bilge areas etc., back plated fittings and
deck plates, coated anti-spark double (bordering aircraft grade) contacts
located in volatile areas, steel braided aeroquip everything, double wall woven
reinforced plumbing, mega PSI/GPH rated PVC installs, the use of T-Fittings to
keep down the number of through hulls used (gate valves are a no-no), toerails
everywhere they belong, quality joinery work, proper paint application (the
anti-fouling in particular), harness ties in short runs, items installed with
not only proper adhesive but fasteners too, etc., etc.....

In terms of material quality, lets get some designers to explain the
differences between the quality of furnishings on the ships

Cool with me, because to be honest, at this point (not directed at you, Ben) I
hate this thread, have had all the right or wrong buttons pushed and I can't
take anymo

- People screwing with me
- Forever mean and nasties who have no respect for anyone including themselves
- Forever Miserables
- Trollfesters
- People who ask a question that was answered numerous times in a thread
- Anything else I forgot to mention since I am beyond tired of all of this crap

In addition, if it can help end the tirade, I know nothing about anything, the
Horizon has subpar, average and exotic fit and finish (choose the one which you
want to hear) and I hope she and her effing fit and finish either run full bore
into a steel reinforced pier creating catastrophic weld fractures from the
hawse pipes to the shaft logs, or she broaches in beam seas and founders. I am
done talking about it.

-Heather
Remove CanOspam to email
http://hometown.aol.com/nookeybear/m...age/index.html
Old December 20th, 2004, 09:45 PM
Becca

Heather wrote:

Cool with me, because to be honest, at this point (not directed at
you, Ben) I hate this thread, have had all the right or wrong buttons
pushed and I can't take anymo

Heather, I always enjoy reading your comments about ships. Feel free to
bash Carnival, that is accepted here (and yes, I am a Carnival fan!),
but never say anything derogatory about Celebrity. As you noticed,
Celebrity's defender's will quickly rush to her defense.

Becca -----thinks everyone was entitled to their opinion...

MOAGC http://www.motherofallgroupcruises.com/
Miracle in May http://www.cruisemaster.com/miracle.htm
Canada - New England http://www.cruisemaster.com/carnivalFall.htm
Caribbean Princess http://www.cruisemaster.com/caribprin.htm
Old December 20th, 2004, 10:33 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On 20 Dec 2004 19:26:45 GMT, Heather wrote:

I wanna see
stainless deep lug tacking every two inches with double stitching), lots of
amazon teak or a space age substitute, encapsulated stringers in the engine
room, gelled glass inside cabs and bilge areas etc., back plated fittings and
deck plates, coated anti-spark double (bordering aircraft grade) contacts
located in volatile areas, steel braided aeroquip everything, double wall woven
reinforced plumbing, mega PSI/GPH rated PVC installs, the use of T-Fittings to
keep down the number of through hulls used (gate valves are a no-no), toerails
everywhere they belong, quality joinery work, proper paint application (the
anti-fouling in particular), harness ties in short runs, items installed with
not only proper adhesive but fasteners too, etc., etc.....

Yeah, yeah, what she said.
Old December 20th, 2004, 10:36 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On 20 Dec 2004 19:26:45 GMT, Heather wrote:

hate this thread, have had all the right or wrong buttons pushed and I can't
take anymo

- People screwing with me

Pull your wadded panties up.

- Forever mean and nasties who have no respect for anyone including themselves

Who can hate Chrissy but Chrissy, eh?

- Forever Miserables

Charles

- Trollfesters

Goldie

- People who ask a question that was answered numerous times in a thread

Ben

- Anything else I forgot to mention since I am beyond tired of all of this crap

You forgot SUNSET.

In addition, if it can help end the tirade, I know nothing about anything, the
Horizon has subpar, average and exotic fit and finish (choose the one which you
want to hear) and I hope she and her effing fit and finish either run full bore
into a steel reinforced pier creating catastrophic weld fractures from the
hawse pipes to the shaft logs, or she broaches in beam seas and founders. I am
done talking about it.

I should say you are.

One lat question.

Have you been on all the Celebrity ships?