Stopovers...en route.

Old November 30th, 2004, 10:20 PM
George Prager

flew Icelandair BOS - FRA - BOS and stayed in Reykjavik for six days on the
way to Europe, then one night on the way back. Not only was the ticket not
*more* expensive, the additional night stay on the way back shaved off an
extra $200. I paid a total of about $450 for the trip (I have family in
Iceland, otherwise the six days' stay would have wiped out any savings as
Iceland is one of the most expensive countires in the world)

G.P.

There's Icelandair but the maximum stay in KEF is 3 days.

Old December 1st, 2004, 04:27 AM
elliot

Greg
As far as Aeroflot, you already said how much you dislike it, ...maybe
you had problems and I didnt...we had a great flight everything worked
well for us...flew into Moscow transferrd to make the short flight to ST
Petes...10 days later took the train to Moscow...$40.00 bucks for a
great ride, flew to BKK and returned...no problems, no complaints. SAS a
great airline? maybe, never flew with them...but if your happy giving
them 3 grand for a flight and feel good about it I wish you would fly
with them more often, maybe it will help their P&L .

As far as getting what you pay for...Yeah right....Im not sure who you
do business with but getting what you pay for in New Jersey is like
winning the lottery...here they print your name in the paper for that..

Old December 1st, 2004, 05:21 PM
david

(elliot) wrote in message ...
Last August my wife and I flew JFK to Bangkok on Aeroflot..and we were
allowed to stopover in Moscow for several days (visa required) , which
in our mind was like free air fare to Moscow...any one have similar
trips they are aware of?
We found this to be an enjoyable way to travel...two trips for the price
of one really.

Yes, most airlines allow stopovers, but only with the more expensive
tickets.

The first ever air-ticket I bought was from Seychelles to Antananarivo
(Madagascar) and allowed unlimited stopovers in both Mauritius and
Reunion. The ticket was called an excursion, valid for a month in
total, and entitled the holder to fly in the Business Class cabin on
Air France. That was how I got to fly with the vice-president of
Cuba!

A few months later I had a one-way Seychelles - London, which I
exchanged for a one-way ticket from Johannesburg to London. This
journey included stopovers in Addis Ababa, Nairobi, Addis Ababa again,
Cairo, and finally Athens. Once I arrived in Athens I was sick of
airline food and flight delays, so I just took the train from there
(stopping in Trieste, Venice, Verona, Geneva, Macon and Paris). The
whole trip took about five months.

My most recent trip was on Cathay Pacific, LHR - HCMC (Vietnam) with
stopovers in Hong Kong. I used the stopover on the way back to enter
China, flying to Nanning, Beijing and Wuhan (on separate tickets).

I have done the same kind of thing with train tickets in Britain: a
business trip from Bristol to Glasgow once included stays in
Edinburgh, Durham, York, Carlisle, Oxenholme (the Lake District), as
well as another business appointment in Liverpool.

Unfortunately, little or none of this is possible if you book on-line
and buy the cheapest tickets offered.

Old December 6th, 2004, 02:07 PM
Ulf Kutzner

Gregory Morrow schrieb:

Last August my wife and I flew JFK to Bangkok on Aeroflot..and we were
allowed to stopover in Moscow for several days (visa required) , which
in our mind was like free air fare to Moscow...any one have similar
trips they are aware of?
We found this to be an enjoyable way to travel...two trips for the price
of one really.

Boy you must be a glutton for punishment - you had to endure both SU *and*
SVO...!!!

Not that easy to avoid SVO on SU...

Regards, ULF