Hello everyone!

Old April 27th, 2005, 12:11 AM
Warren

Your assistant cruise director William said:

I really enjoy reading your reviews of cruises (yes I have been

lurking for
a little while) as it helps me think of things to make the valued

passengers
we recieve have a better time onboard our vessels.

Most passengers (though not all) HATE when the cruise director
interrupts everyone with announcements several times a day to read what
has already been printed in the daily program. It is also very annoying
when there are multiple announcements updating that there are X minutes
until (fill in the blank: Bingo...Art Auction...inch of gold...slot
tourny...bla bla bla).

We can read.

What is your favorite cruise line and why?

I don't have a favorite line per se. I have favorite ships or types of
ships. I tend to book based on which ship I want to sail next, followed
by which itinerary provides the most days at sea and/or the most
unusual itinerary. I tend to prefer longer repositioning cruises of 12+
days, off-peak or shoulder sailings when there will be fewer children
aboard and more seasoned passengers. What I mean by seasoned passengers
is that I prefer a ship filled with "adventurers" rather than
"vacationers" because of the different ambience and tone that results.
I thrive more on the excitement of the "adventure" and of being "on a
voyage together" with my fellow passengers, rather than a week of
"partying" while sailing in a circle which has become boring.

The line that I have sailed the most is NCL but if you take my repeats
aboard S/S Norway out of the equation, then it evens out with Princess
and Cunard.

I have a least favorite cruise line: Carnival. RCI is a close second to
last.

Warren

Old April 27th, 2005, 12:50 AM
clint

We looked, but never got banged on Carnival! haha
"Patricia Hensley" wrote in message
Hubby and I enjoy Carnival. We also feel that we get more bang for our
buck!

"DJ TeK" wrote in message
Hi there everyone.

I am new to the group and thought I would introduce myself.

Firstly, my name is William. Secondly, I am an Assistant Cruise Director
with one of the major cruise lines.

I really enjoy reading your reviews of cruises (yes I have been lurking
for a little while) as it helps me think of things to make the valued
passengers we recieve have a better time onboard our vessels.

I would like to pose a question to the group if I may;

What is your favorite cruise line and why?

I'm on my way out to sea again for my next contract on Friday for a short
2 month contract but thought I would say hello to everyone first.

I'll divulge a little more information on my next posting .. have a great
day!

Will

Old April 27th, 2005, 12:53 AM
Cruiser

Hi--my favorite cruise line is Crystal. I love it because of the
excellent service, "can-do" attitude and friendliness of the crew,
excellent food, and understated elegance; plus, there are no
announcements made over the PA system.

Old April 27th, 2005, 01:35 AM
Martin and Karen Necpal

In March we spent a week cruising in the West Caribbean on Costa Atlantica.
We had terrific time, the ship, the service, the entertainment, etc, were
all top notch.

Old April 27th, 2005, 01:49 AM
Surfer E2468

Been on 37 cruises,and ships we like are 1/PRINCESS
2/HAL
3/CELEBRITY Then
any other line except CARNIVAL you can have them,will not even sail on
them for free.
surfer e2468

Old April 27th, 2005, 01:51 AM
DJ TeK

After reading all of the replies, I have to thank you all for your thought
promoting comments. I work for Princess Cruises and have now for just over
1 year. I have sailed the Tahitian Princess, Island Princess and I am on my
way to the Coral Princess on Friday.

In quick reference to the PA announcements, although I have never had to
make an announcement on the system I believe Princess has tried to
drastically reduce the amount of announcements made over the PA. The new
approach is to make an announcement from the venue in which the activity
will actually take place (ie: poolside announcement of pool games using
local poolside PA). The three CDs I have worked under have all felt that
too many announcements is a bother and we do try to avoid making them. The
main announcements that I have heard from the CDs office generally will
announce Bingo once and perhaps our Island Night Deck Party. I personally
feel the same as most of you in regards to frequent use of the PA.

Again, I appreciate all of your comments and I urge you to communicate any
and all comments (positive or negative) to the respective cruise lines you
frequent. Letting them know what you like/dislike is truly the only way to
effect positive change.

I will be assigned to the Coral Princess for 6 months as it turns out, not
the 2 as was initially stated. It seems they wish to groom me for a higher
rank and responsibility. The COral will be sailing the Alaskan waters from
mid-May to early September. I'll be sure to let you all know when I'm back.

Take care untill then

William

-- Changing the Cruise Industry One Ship At a Time.