are you all still here?

Old March 14th, 2007, 06:13 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
The Reid

Default are you all still here?

seems this group has reached a new low, I haven't noticed posts from
several of the sensible regulars lately and dozens of juvenile threads
being started, mostly about Jacqueline and such like.
Are you still out there?
--
Mike Reid
UK walking, food, photos "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site
Old March 14th, 2007, 06:14 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor

The Reid wrote:

seems this group has reached a new low, I haven't noticed posts from
several of the sensible regulars lately and dozens of juvenile threads
being started, mostly about Jacqueline and such like.

I haven't noticed those threads, probably due to filters. The newsgroup
is fine- questions still go answered as far as I can see.

--
(*) ... of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
David Horne- http://www.davidhorne.net
Old March 14th, 2007, 06:31 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

The Reid wrote:
seems this group has reached a new low, I haven't noticed posts from
several of the sensible regulars lately and dozens of juvenile threads
being started, mostly about Jacqueline and such like.
Are you still out there?

Newspaper people used to refer to late summer as the "silly
season", because that's when you'd get all the reports of
two-headed calves, UFO's, etc. Maybe global warming has
moved it up a bit earlier? ;-)

However, this group has not yet sunk to the depths of
rec.music.opera, where nearly all the posts are by one
egomaniacal psychopath who invents new names faster than
other readers can filter them. (Consequently, what was once
a rather good source of opera discussion has become a
running flame war between the jerk responsible for about 85%
of the posts, and the few die-hards who've not yet learned
to ignore him!)
Old March 14th, 2007, 06:34 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
The Reid

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 18:26:11 +0000, The Reid
wrote:

I might have to add some filters!

looks a bit more sensible now :-)
Old March 14th, 2007, 06:38 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
The Reid

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 11:31:47 -0700, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:

Newspaper people used to refer to late summer as the "silly
season", because that's when you'd get all the reports of
two-headed calves, UFO's, etc. Maybe global warming has
moved it up a bit earlier? ;-)

funnily enough R4 news was a bit thin today!
Old March 14th, 2007, 06:45 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
me[_5_]

On Mar 14, 2:13 pm, The Reid wrote:
seems this group has reached a new low, I haven't noticed posts from
several of the sensible regulars lately and dozens of juvenile threads
being started, mostly about Jacqueline and such like.
Are you still out there?

You might note some up tick soon as the USAsians start to plan their
summer trips. Mine's in the bag. Doing Wainwrights coast to coast
in 15 days. Then off to London for a pint or two.