Gröna Lund in Stockholm?

Old June 15th, 2005, 04:45 AM
John

Default Gröna Lund in Stockholm?

We plan to stop on Stockholm for about a day and a half in a few weeks.
We want to visit Gröna Lund the day we arrive. After checking into our
hotel in the city center and eating a late lunch, we expect to head out
around 4PM on a weekday. How is the transportation there and back?
What are the admission prices and additional costs once inside?
How does Gröna Lund compare to well-known amusement parks?
Please post your experiences.

Old June 15th, 2005, 06:50 AM
T M

John wrote:

We plan to stop on Stockholm for about a day and a half in a few weeks.
We want to visit Gröna Lund the day we arrive. After checking into our
hotel in the city center and eating a late lunch, we expect to head out
around 4PM on a weekday. How is the transportation there and back?
What are the admission prices and additional costs once inside?
How does Gröna Lund compare to well-known amusement parks?
Please post your experiences.

Their website www.gronalund.se recommends buses 44 and 47. Entrance fees
etc. are on the website, but everything is in Swedish.. Entrance fee SEK
60,00 + SEK 235,00 for free access for rides. These are adult prices.
I have never been there.

TM
Old June 15th, 2005, 10:43 AM
GHPtravel

You can also take a ferry from slussen and nyborgplan that will bring you
right to Gona Lund.

I also never bin there so can help you further with that but here is some
more info about Stockholm that could be use full.

http://www.ghptravel.com/htm/place/swsto.htm

Greetings,
George

Old June 15th, 2005, 12:15 PM

Visit http://www.gronalund.com/

Nisarg

Old June 15th, 2005, 02:53 PM
Lennart Petersen

"John" skrev i meddelandet
We plan to stop on Stockholm for about a day and a half in a few weeks.
We want to visit Gröna Lund the day we arrive. After checking into our
hotel in the city center and eating a late lunch, we expect to head out
around 4PM on a weekday. How is the transportation there and back?

-----------------------------------
It's good and running up to closing time.
SL buses 44 and 47 with a transfer from the Underground at T-centralen or
Karlaplan.
A nice museum tramway from Norrmalmstorg (SL-cards valid,not coupons)
Frequent ferries from Slussen SL-cards valid, private ferries from Nybroplan
with discount for SL-cardholders. It's in a (long) walking distance for
that matter.

What are the admission prices and additional costs once inside?
How does Gröna Lund compare to well-known amusement parks?

--------------------------
Not exceptional. It's a cramped area not comparing so well with Tivoli and
Bakken in Copenhagen or Liseberg in Gothenburg. Nevertheless children of
any age are likely to enjoy a full evening at Gröna Lund.
Please post your experiences.

Old June 16th, 2005, 10:09 AM
GHPtravel

Hi All,

We added this park to our attraction list and now we hope that some people
will give it a ratting / review. Feel free to give you opinion of Grona Lund
here http://www.ghptravel.com/htm/atra/at76.htm

Thanks,

George

Old June 16th, 2005, 07:48 PM
tim \(moved to sweden\)

"GHPtravel" wrote in message
Hi All,

We added this park to our attraction list and now we hope that some people
will give it a ratting / review. Feel free to give you opinion of Grona
Lund here http://www.ghptravel.com/htm/atra/at76.htm

I recognise those maps.

Have you paid the CIA for their copyright :-)?

Expect a knock on the door anytime soon

tim

Old June 17th, 2005, 07:33 AM
GHPtravel

Tim thanks for you review :-)

And No CIA maps are free to use, You only need to state on your site that
the maps are from them and of course I follow those rules.

US tax money is used for something good :-) (maps of the CIA)

And I don't expect them to come and knock my door here in Sweden.

Greetings,
George

www.ghptravel.com your travel starting point

Old June 17th, 2005, 05:10 PM
tim \(moved to sweden\)

"GHPtravel" wrote in message
Tim thanks for you review :-)

And No CIA maps are free to use, You only need to state on your site that
the maps are from them and of course I follow those rules.

I was only joking, I had checked first :-(

US tax money is used for something good :-) (maps of the CIA)

And I don't expect them to come and knock my door here in Sweden.

They have long arms.

tim

Old June 18th, 2005, 09:31 AM
GHPtravel

First review is in. For the people that are interested in reading more about
Grona Lund. Here is the review. http://www.ghptravel.com/htm/atra/at76r.htm