Air Aisa BKK to KL

Old September 22nd, 2007, 02:19 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Brian Oneil

Default Air Aisa BKK to KL

Hello,I looking to fly from Bangkok to KL,I've seen Air Asia`s website quote
for a Saturday flight one way start at just over 4000baht for a 0710 morning
flight then gradually dropping to 1120baht for a flight at 2020,they all
have different seating codes but the small print blurb is the same,does
anyone know the reason for the price difference apart from they expected
more people to want the earlier flights and if you have used them regular
what are they like.
Thanks
Brian

Old September 22nd, 2007, 02:37 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Chris Blunt

On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 13:19:05 GMT, "Brian Oneil"
wrote:

Hello,I looking to fly from Bangkok to KL,I've seen Air Asia`s website quote
for a Saturday flight one way start at just over 4000baht for a 0710 morning
flight then gradually dropping to 1120baht for a flight at 2020,they all
have different seating codes but the small print blurb is the same,does
anyone know the reason for the price difference apart from they expected
more people to want the earlier flights and if you have used them regular
what are they like.

It works just as you say, the price is based on the airline's
prediction for how much demand there will be for each flight. The fare
for the same flight can change from day to day as flight become booked
by passengers.

I've flown AirAsia many times. They're generally fine, although
flights can be delayed or cancelled at short notice. Be sure to allow
plenty of extra time if you have an important appointment at your
destination or are connecting to another flight.

Chris
Old September 22nd, 2007, 03:15 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
tile

Brian Oneil wrote:
Hello,I looking to fly from Bangkok to KL,I've seen Air Asia`s
website quote for a Saturday flight one way start at just over
4000baht for a 0710 morning flight then gradually dropping to
1120baht for a flight at 2020,they all have different seating codes
but the small print blurb is the same,does anyone know the reason for
the price difference apart from they expected more people to want the
earlier flights and if you have used them regular what are they like.
Thanks
Brian

I flew from Hanoi to Kuala Lumpur and from Kuala Lumpur to Denpasar with Air
Asia

It was 100% on time
planes are ok and crew kind in case of needd

Pls note that in KL Air Asia has its own Terminal
It is about 70kms from Town but you have plenty of buses that will take you
to Central terminal for about 5 dollars ( I do not remember well )
they sell tickets on the arrival hall. ( where they deliver suitcase I
mean ) but there is no ATM in the arrival all. Just a bank to exchange
money

Of course. you can buy tkts before you board the buses.

Pls note that in Kuala Lumpur a bier will cost you about 5.00 dollars.. and
many restaurant will refuse to serve biers.. or refuse you to drink yr own
bier if you buy it in a supermarket.
taxis are cheap. but most of them will refuse to use a meter.
I was staying in Melia Hotel and called a taxi.
4 of them in a row refused to use thier meter..
the most honest asked twice the regualr fare.
Then the fifth was OK.