What do you think about this route: Brisbane-Cairns-Sydney

Old July 30th, 2004, 05:44 AM
Anonymous

Default What do you think about this route: Brisbane-Cairns-Sydney

Hi Australia-experts!

I've planned a route along Australia's east coast. The route starts in
Brisbane
goes up to Cairns and ends in Sydney. A detailed overview is at the
end of this
message.

I'd really appreciate any feedback on this route:
- Do you recommend to stay any longer / shorter at a specific town?
- Am I missing something that should be definitely included in our
trip? (e.g.
Fraser Island)
- I think we could spend an additional 3 days down under. Where to
spend the
additional days?

Here's the route:
day 0
Flight Frankfurt-Dubai leaving Frankfurt at 22.20h

day 1
Arriving in Duabi at 6.40h, changing planes, leaving Dubai enroute to
Brisbane
at 8.45h
Fuel-stop in Singapore between 20.05h and 21.20h

day 2
Arriving at 6.20h in Brisbane
Spending the day in Brisbane
Spending the night in Brisbane

day 3
rental car tour around Brisbane:
- kangaroo point
- lone pine koala sanctuary
- along the coast down to Surfers Paradise
Spending the night in Brisbane

day 4
Spending the day in Brisbane
Flight Brisbane-Rockhampton, leaving at 19.40h arriving at 20.45h
Spending the night in Rockhampton

day 5
In and around Rockhampton:
- dreamtime cultural center
- capricovern cave
Spending the night in Rockhampton

day 6
Driving to Airlie Beach (480km)
Spending the night in Airlie Beach

day 7
Spending the day on the Whitsunday Islands
Spending the night in Airlie Beach

day 8
Driving to Townsville (280km)
Spending the night in Townsville

day 9
In and around Townsville
Spending the night in Townsville

day 10
Driving to Cairns (350km)
Spending the night in Cairns

day 11
In and around Cairns
Spending the night in Cairns

day 12
Spending the day on the Great Barrier Reef
Spending the night in Cairns

day 13
Spending the day in the tropical rainforest
Spending the night in Cairns

day 14
Flight Cairns-Sydney, leaving Cairns at 13.50h, arriving at 16.40h
Spending the night in Sydney

day 15
Spending the day in Sydney
Spending the night in Sydney

day 16
Spending the day in Sydney
Spending the night in Sydney

day 17
rental car tour around Sydney
- Blue Mountains
- Three Sisters, ..
Spending the night in Sydney

day 18
Half a day in Sydney
Flight from Sydney to Dubai (nonstop), leaving Sydney at 21.10h

day 19
Arriving in Dubai at 5.45h
Spending the day in Dubai
Spending the night in Dubai

day 20
Spending the day in Dubai
Spending the night in Dubai

day 21
Leaving Dubai at 8.25h, arriving in Frankfurt at 13.15h

Who we a
- We're two of us and both around 30 years old. It would be our first
visit to
Australia.
- We don't like rental vans
- We would start our trip in early October

I'd like your comments on my plans!
--
Emailadress expires at the end of the month
--multiplaza.nl.nu--