Caribbean Princess web cam.

Old October 4th, 2007, 02:36 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tudor Jones

Default Caribbean Princess web cam.

Herewith copy of an email I tried to send to Princess
via their web site (contact us). I could not find
where to send the email from.

(start of email)
Checking out the Caribbean Princess web cam at approx
8:25 this morning here in Ottawa, I noted that the ship
was at Grand Cayman (very nice!), and that the time was
shown as October 04, 2007, 12:06:41 G.M.T.

How can it be that it was only 6 minutes past the hour
in Grand Cayman and 26 minutes past the hour in the
Eastern Time Zone?

Any comments?

(end of email)

Tudor Jones.
Old October 4th, 2007, 06:52 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Nonnymus[_4_]

Tudor Jones wrote:
Herewith copy of an email I tried to send to Princess
via their web site (contact us). I could not find
where to send the email from.

(start of email)
Checking out the Caribbean Princess web cam at approx
8:25 this morning here in Ottawa, I noted that the ship
was at Grand Cayman (very nice!), and that the time was
shown as October 04, 2007, 12:06:41 G.M.T.

How can it be that it was only 6 minutes past the hour
in Grand Cayman and 26 minutes past the hour in the
Eastern Time Zone?

Tudor, as a ship or other object moves southward, toward the equator,
the electrons move slower and slower. Think of it this way, everyone
knows that water circulates backward in the southern hemisphere than the
way it does in the northern. It has to slow down and stop entirely
somewhere- and the equator is the place- before starting to reverse.
Why should electrons be any different?

The slowed electrons don't pose as much resistance as do the fast ones;
ironically, that makes clocks run faster and not slower as you approach
the equator. It's deeply rooted in physics, and this is not the place
to discuss it. Just as you need to reset your watch BACK as you move
west, you also need to slow down the watch movement as you move toward
the equator from the north or speed it up as you move in from the South.
--
---Nonnymus---
No matter how large your boat,
Old October 5th, 2007, 12:28 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Uncle Peter

"Tudor Jones" wrote in message
Herewith copy of an email I tried to send to Princess
via their web site (contact us). I could not find
where to send the email from.

(start of email)
Checking out the Caribbean Princess web cam at approx
8:25 this morning here in Ottawa, I noted that the ship
was at Grand Cayman (very nice!), and that the time was
shown as October 04, 2007, 12:06:41 G.M.T.

How can it be that it was only 6 minutes past the hour
in Grand Cayman and 26 minutes past the hour in the
Eastern Time Zone?

Probably because the captured frame is an older one and
hadn't been updated. I'd assume the time stamp was when
the frame was captured, and not real time.

Pete