What's your biggest pet peeve when cruising?

Old September 25th, 2007, 12:48 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Nonnymus[_4_]

Default What's your biggest pet peeve when cruising?

LeeNY wrote:

Soooo....you bring your own towels from home to use out on deck and in
port? Not something I'd want to do. I don't do laundry on vacation,
and the thought of using the same beach towels every day for the whole
week just doesn't appeal to me, at all.

Lee

Nope, Mrs. Nonny and I aren't the chaise lounge types and when we're
ashore, we normally are shopping. When going ashore and knowing we're
going to be on a beach, or when the kids want to do that, there are
towels by the gangway we can check out.

By the way, Lee, there's also a more economical alternative. As we both
know, the cabin steward keeps some track of the number of white guest
towels, wash cloths and hand towels in the cabin bath, so you certainly
can't take them to the pool or ashore. To refresh your supply at home,
all you have to do is grab some of the soiled towels in the hampers the
steward uses during the day, and stuff them into your suitcase. When
going ashore, it's no big deal grabbing 3-4 soiled towels in the hallway
and wrapping them around under your moo moo dress or Aloha shirt.
Nobody notices and since you're going to be on the beach and getting
them wet anyway, the already soiled and damp towels in the halllway are
perfectly fine.

Nonny
--
---Nonnymus---
You don’t stand any taller by
Old September 25th, 2007, 01:04 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian[_1_]

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 18:43:32 -0500, "Jean O'Boyle"
wrote:

I hope I don't get grouchy and "fuddy-duddy" when I get old.

--Jean---also hope's Brian's daughter stood her ground!

This woman was a good bit younger than we are.

She did although I was across the aisle and I did a lot the standing
up. She's quiet and doesn't like confrontation. What made it even
worse was that she had been pushed to the 5 seat in the back and was
having trouble trying to control a panic attack.

Old September 25th, 2007, 01:05 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian[_1_]

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 16:48:17 -0700, Nonnymus wrote:

[...]

Dirty towels someone else has used?

Old September 25th, 2007, 01:17 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ermalee[_2_]

Brian wrote:

[...]

Would you like to read some of Nonny's other stories? They are very
funny and entertaining. :-) Some of them are actually based on fact,
according to Mrs. N.

Ermalee
Old September 25th, 2007, 02:02 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tobie Gerbrandt

HEAR! HEAR! It never ceases to amaze me, the rudeness of some passengers
(of ALL ages). We often need to take an elevator to the tenth floor from
the sixth in order to get to the third floor with Barb in her scooter.

Tobieon an Island in the Pacific

"Becca" wrote in message
Peaches wrote:

Thank you Lee, I was afraid it was against the rules and didn't know it.
We 'monopolize' tables too, as we play cards, visit with each other, make
new friends, read and just chill out. Oh and we have been known to eat
lunch at the same table! Yep, that's the kind of folk we are, so watch
out for us. We don't leave things on the chairs and such, we just have a
revolving group. And get this we are seniors and on a budget!

Peaches in Rowlett TX
(constant cruiser)

Peaches, it is nice to see you back.

What bothers me when I cruise, is how rude people are to handicapped
people at the elevators.

If you ever notice anyone in a wheelchair or a scooter, please step aside
and allow them to enter the elevator when the elevator door opens. I was
with a friend in a scooter, and we had to wait until the 3rd elevator,
because everyone would walk around us to get on the elevator as soon as
the door opened. It was like this lady was invisible. What did they think
we were standing there for?

Let us hope you will not be the next one in a wheelchair or a scooter.

Becca

Old September 25th, 2007, 02:07 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tobie Gerbrandt

The closest we've come to this experience was on Oceania Regatta
Trans-Atlantic.

Only required announcements, few kids, NO photographers, and when too few
customers showed up for BINGO they just cancelled the session!

HEAVEN!

Tobieon an Island in the Pacific

ding, customers artificially holding chairs & tables, kids in hot
tubs, pesky photographers...

And so on.

Since these tend to be the things that irritate many of the readers
here, who can suggest the names of cruise lines that don't have most
of these problems?

-hh
(who didn't experience any of these problems on my last cruise)

Old September 25th, 2007, 02:15 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
clint

Our pet peve(the cow and I) is the hokie pokie line dance on
Carnival...lasts until 1 am thruogh the hallways(as seniors we need our
sleep!)
news

Old September 25th, 2007, 02:39 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

BECCA:
A very well said post,whenever we travel (or in fact anywhere) the
handicapped person always has the right of way,we will do anything we
can to help them,there but for the grace of god go i. They do not ask
for help,but it is only human kindness to try to be of help.
surfer e2468

cruise lover

Old September 25th, 2007, 02:41 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

BRIAN:
Glad she reclaimed her seat,andif the otjer person got mad TOUGH

cruise lover

Old September 25th, 2007, 02:42 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Sorry about the misspelling a glitch in my web.

cruise lover