Being Safe in Europe 3

Old October 31st, 2003, 11:55 AM
Reid

Default Being Safe in Europe 3

Following up to Jens Arne Maennig

This means that in .5% of traffic accidents, trams are involved. Just to
compa In over 90%, cars are involved.

You should better post some warnings about the risks of individual
transport.

Jens, what % of vehicles are trams, greater or lesser than 5%?
I would really like to see pedestrian fatalities by type of
vehicle and what proportion of vehicles are trams.
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso
Old October 31st, 2003, 12:08 PM
Reid

Following up to Owain

| I think the Being Safe in Europe 2 post was successful ...
| I am finished posting safety issues to this group.

But please keep the sex tips coming. I'm forwarding them to The Sun's agony
aunt.

How about a "Robert's safe sex in Europe" thread?
Old October 31st, 2003, 04:29 PM
Miguel Cruz

Reid wrote:
Following up to Jens Arne Maennig
This means that in .5% of traffic accidents, trams are involved. Just to
compa In over 90%, cars are involved.

You should better post some warnings about the risks of individual
transport.

Jens, what % of vehicles are trams, greater or lesser than 5%?
I would really like to see pedestrian fatalities by type of
vehicle and what proportion of vehicles are trams.

And to swing it back the other way, the average number of passengers being
served by the tram at the time, vs the number in the car that mowed the
pedestrian down after he got back up from the tram incident.

miguel
--
See the world from your web browser: http://travel.u.nu/
Old October 31st, 2003, 04:45 PM
Reid

Following up to Miguel Cruz

Jens, what % of vehicles are trams, greater or lesser than 5%?
I would really like to see pedestrian fatalities by type of
vehicle and what proportion of vehicles are trams.

And to swing it back the other way, the average number of passengers being
served by the tram at the time, vs the number in the car that mowed the
pedestrian down after he got back up from the tram incident.

I think if a pedestrian gets run down twice you have to start to
think they are doing it on purpose
and lets not forget the effect of the mass of the tram, oh,
sorry, wrong thread.
Old October 31st, 2003, 05:42 PM
Robert

Jens Arne Maennig wrote in message .. .
Robert wrote:

Why don't you search the Amsterdam news and find the story of the
tourist who was struck by a tram and had to be identified by dental
records.

Some numbers from Austria, a country with a quite active tram culture
(Ssource: "Österreichs Verkehrswirtschaft in Zahlen, Ausgabe 2002,
Wirtschaftskammer Österreich):

| Road Accidents 1995-2001
|
| 01:00 2001 2000 ... 1995
| -----------------------------------------------------
| Cars +4,3% 54,985 52,701 49,606
| Buses +11,3% 790 710 738
| Trucks -2,1% 4,723 4,826 4,633
| Trams -8,9% 308 338 315
| Railway -3,4% 86 89 95

This means that in .5% of traffic accidents, trams are involved. Just to
compa In over 90%, cars are involved.

You should better post some warnings about the risks of individual
transport.

Jens

I addressed car travel but trams are a big surprise to foreigners. And
my guess it's always worse to get hit by a tram than get into an car
accident. Many car accidents are injury free.
Old October 31st, 2003, 10:34 PM
Marie Lewis

In article , Robert
writes

I addressed car travel but trams are a big surprise to foreigners.

For "foreigners" read "Americans."
--
Marie Lewis
Old November 1st, 2003, 02:16 AM

hI,

the worst thing about a tram accident in a'dam (usually tram/car or
car/tram) is that it ties up that tram track for hours while the regular
cops and the tram police and the wrecker all deal with a minor fender
bender with no injuries

Reid wrote:
Following up to Jens Arne Maennig

This means that in .5% of traffic accidents, trams are involved. Just to
compa In over 90%, cars are involved.

You should better post some warnings about the risks of individual
transport.

Jens, what % of vehicles are trams, greater or lesser than 5%?
I would really like to see pedestrian fatalities by type of
vehicle and what proportion of vehicles are trams.

--

Derringer Kit Sideplates

Old November 1st, 2003, 02:24 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Robert wrote:

I am finished posting safety issues to this group.

From your mouth to God's ear! (Now, if you'd said you were finished
posting to this group ENTIRELY, it might be cause for general
rejoicing.)