Hotel Recommendation for Niagara Falls

Old July 30th, 2004, 06:19 AM
Anonymous

Default Hotel Recommendation for Niagara Falls

Last August we stayed at the brand-new Embassy Suites hotel on the
Canadian side which had only been open for about three weeks.

It's the
closest hotel to the falls and had a spectacular view (you have to ask
for a falls view room, the rooms on the other side of the hotel are
much
cheaper as they don't have this view!). The suites are very spacious
indeed.

Step outside the hotel and you can take the little shuttle
tramway down the steep incline if you wish.

We went with visitors from
England and had two adjacent rooms. They were huge, we had a kingsize
bed, with a seperate room with the queen-size sofa bed for our son.
Our
relatives in the room next-door had two queen-sized beds in the master
room and again a sofa bed, dining table, extra TV etc. In between the
main bedroom and extra room we had a 'huge' jacuzzi bath with a
seperate
shower.

The picture windows were full-size and we could hear the
waterfall cascading from our room....and see the nightly fireworks. It
was a brilliant place to stay. There is a free breakfast included and
taken downstairs (buffet with cook-to-order omelettes etc.) at TGI
Friday's. The kids enjoyed swimming in the indoor pool, and there is
hot-tub too. I think they were still building the gym when we were
there.

We reckon the people staying at the Hilton Hotel were a bit
miffed...the Embassy Suites has been built in front of it and must
block
most of the views.

I can't remember exactly how much we paid but
remember that for the location it was very reasonable...about CAN $150
per night per room inc. breakfast. However, you do have to pay extra
park there and it's valet parking.

I'd definitely stay there again. A
good place to look is the website: http://www.tripadvisor.com
and just type in Niagara Falls, Canada. You will get a big list of
hotels and what people thought of their stays there.

The hotel website
is: http://www.embassysuites.com

(Oops, went to post
this and I thought I was replying to a previous post....looks like
I've
started a new thread!)

--multiplaza.nl.nu--