Bus or taxi Johor Bahru airport?

Old March 25th, 2004, 10:33 PM
justme

Default Bus or taxi Johor Bahru airport?

Anyone have any info about bus or taxi service from down town JB to the
airport ..
Johor Bahru Malaysia?

Old March 26th, 2004, 12:26 AM
Not the Karl Orff

In article Z6J8c.8505$gA5.114027@attbi_s03,
"justme" wrote:

Anyone have any info about bus or taxi service from down town JB to the
airport ..
Johor Bahru Malaysia?

There's a bus that is timed to leave after flights, and enough time to
check in for departing flights. Goes to Singapore but will drop you off
at Johore Bahru.
Old March 26th, 2004, 12:51 AM
justme

"justme" wrote:

Anyone have any info about bus or taxi service from down town JB to the
airport ..
Johor Bahru Malaysia?

There's a bus that is timed to leave after flights, and enough time to
check in for departing flights. Goes to Singapore but will drop you off
at Johore Bahru.

Thanks so much but where do you catch it in Singapore and also in JB..want
to fly to BKK on the Asiaair thats now operating out of JB airport and will
be coming over from Sg.
Again thanks for your time ..

Old March 26th, 2004, 01:28 AM
Not the Karl Orff

In article p8L8c.9886$K91.34087@attbi_s02,
"justme" wrote:

Thanks so much but where do you catch it in Singapore and also in JB..want
to fly to BKK on the Asiaair thats now operating out of JB airport and will
be coming over from Sg.

orchard oero orchid hotel in Singapore.

Not sure how accurate or current the following is:

http://www3.jaring.my/spsj/malaysia/sps_bus.htm
Old March 26th, 2004, 11:36 AM
Scott Howard

justme wrote:
Thanks so much but where do you catch it in Singapore and also in JB..want
to fly to BKK on the Asiaair thats now operating out of JB airport and will
be coming over from Sg.

Why not just fly AirAsia from SIN to BKK? Costs a bit more than from JHB,
but not enough more to make it worth the effort.

Scott
Old March 26th, 2004, 10:03 PM
chilly

"Scott Howard" wrote in message
justme wrote:
Thanks so much but where do you catch it in Singapore and also in

JB..want
to fly to BKK on the Asiaair thats now operating out of JB airport and

will
be coming over from Sg.

Why not just fly AirAsia from SIN to BKK? Costs a bit more than from JHB,
but not enough more to make it worth the effort.

I want to get to Kota Kinabulu on Air Asia from Johor but I'll be coming
from Singapore. Near as I can tell that won't be a problem. However, my
return flight will be quite late out of KK to Johor. How shall I get back
to Sing? The bus schedule I saw posted doesn't seem to leave late enough.
Anyone?

Old March 26th, 2004, 10:21 PM
Miguel Cruz

chilly wrote:
I want to get to Kota Kinabulu on Air Asia from Johor but I'll be coming
from Singapore. Near as I can tell that won't be a problem. However, my
return flight will be quite late out of KK to Johor. How shall I get back
to Sing? The bus schedule I saw posted doesn't seem to leave late enough.

Taxis are quite cheap in JB, and you can get one to the border, from which
the public bus - which runs quite late - will take you the rest of the way
to Singapore.

miguel
Old March 26th, 2004, 11:22 PM
chilly

"Miguel Cruz" wrote in message
chilly wrote:
I want to get to Kota Kinabulu on Air Asia from Johor but I'll be coming
from Singapore. Near as I can tell that won't be a problem. However,

my
return flight will be quite late out of KK to Johor. How shall I get

back
to Sing? The bus schedule I saw posted doesn't seem to leave late

enough.

Taxis are quite cheap in JB, and you can get one to the border, from which
the public bus - which runs quite late - will take you the rest of the way
to Singapore.

No problem crossing the border at midnight?

Old March 27th, 2004, 02:31 AM
Scott Howard

chilly wrote:
I want to get to Kota Kinabulu on Air Asia from Johor but I'll be coming
from Singapore. Near as I can tell that won't be a problem. However, my
return flight will be quite late out of KK to Johor. How shall I get back
to Sing? The bus schedule I saw posted doesn't seem to leave late enough.

The late flight does get into JHB fairly late (22:30 ish?). I'm flying
that leg in late May, and my solution was just to book the flight which
is earlier in the day. (From memory, leaves BKI at about 10am, arrives
JHB 12:30am)

Another option is to spend the night in JHB and cross over to Singapore
in the morning, although the border is fairly busy in that direction in
the morning.

Scott
Old March 27th, 2004, 05:21 AM
chilly

chilly wrote:
I want to get to Kota Kinabulu on Air Asia from Johor but I'll be coming
from Singapore. Near as I can tell that won't be a problem. However,

my
return flight will be quite late out of KK to Johor. How shall I get

back
to Sing? The bus schedule I saw posted doesn't seem to leave late

enough.

The late flight does get into JHB fairly late (22:30 ish?). I'm flying
that leg in late May, and my solution was just to book the flight which
is earlier in the day. (From memory, leaves BKI at about 10am, arrives
JHB 12:30am)

Yes, that's the one. I can't make an earlier flight that day. If I don't
take the late flight, I'm booked to stay at a hotel in KK.

Another option is to spend the night in JHB and cross over to Singapore
in the morning, although the border is fairly busy in that direction in
the morning.

And that's the problem. I might just as well stay in KK, in that case, and
catch the early plane the next morning.

Thanks, Scott, but it looks like I'm hooped, unless I take the much more
expensive Malaysian Air return flight out of Singapore and back.