Credit card fraud

Old April 2nd, 2007, 10:04 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
The Reid

Default Credit card fraud

On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 10:59:05 +0200, Deeply Filled Mortician
wrote:

I have Kiwi rellies and used to work with several Kiwis. I took a
pride in being the only Brit who could spot the difference between the
two antipodean accents. Both seem pretty easy to understand.

Any accent is easy to understand after you listen to it for a bit,
including Glaswegian.

I think it depends on familiarity and how far it differs from the
norm.
--
Mike Reid
UK walking, food, photos "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site
Old April 2nd, 2007, 12:02 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Icono Clast

The Reid wrote:
been to Glasgow?

_________________________________
From: Icono Clast
Date: 1998/10/15
=================================
So there are three of us sipping wine in La Línea de la Concepción, a
small town in Spain a short walk from Gibraltar, a Londoner, a
Glaswegian, and I.
The Glaswegian could not understood a word I said. I could
not understood a word he said. The Londoner found each of us to be
clear speakers, couldn't understand why he had to repeat everything
each of us said to the other as we understood him perfectly well.

-- __________________________________________________ ______________
Un San Francisqueño en San Francisco.
http://geocities.com/dancefest/ --- http://geocities.com/iconoc/
ICQ: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/19098103 ------- IClast at Gmail com

Old April 2nd, 2007, 07:22 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor

Icono Clast wrote:

The Reid wrote:
been to Glasgow?

_________________________________
From: Icono Clast
Date: 1998/10/15
=================================
So there are three of us sipping wine in La Línea de la Concepción, a
small town in Spain a short walk from Gibraltar, a Londoner, a
Glaswegian, and I.
The Glaswegian could not understood a word I said. I could
not understood a word he said. The Londoner found each of us to be
clear speakers, couldn't understand why he had to repeat everything
each of us said to the other as we understood him perfectly well.

Probably because he was actually listening to you. I find that some
people, when they encounter an unusual accent, don't try to listen to
what the person is saying. It's maybe something psychological- I don't
know- but I've certainly noticed it.

--
(*) ... of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
David Horne- http://www.davidhorne.net
Old April 2nd, 2007, 10:18 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor

Deeply Filled Mortician
wrote:

Make credence recognised that on Mon, 2 Apr 2007 19:22:53 +0100,
(David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)) has scripted:

Icono Clast wrote:

been to Glasgow?
_________________________________
From: Icono Clast
Date: 1998/10/15
=================================
So there are three of us sipping wine in La Línea de la Concepción, a
small town in Spain a short walk from Gibraltar, a Londoner, a
Glaswegian, and I.
The Glaswegian could not understood a word I said. I could
not understood a word he said. The Londoner found each of us to be
clear speakers, couldn't understand why he had to repeat everything
each of us said to the other as we understood him perfectly well.

Probably because he was actually listening to you. I find that some
people, when they encounter an unusual accent, don't try to listen to
what the person is saying. It's maybe something psychological- I don't
know- but I've certainly noticed it.

Yes, the Londoner was probably very used to hearing a plethora of
accents, and had simply gotten good at understanding, while the others
weren't able.

Maybe. I find it hard to believe a Glaswegian in that part of Spain
would be that ignorant- similarly with a San Franciscan. I suspect it
was more the 'enjoyment' of misunderstanding.