Tourist Visa for Cuba

Old March 9th, 2008, 10:50 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.usa-canada
alf[_2_]

Default Tourist Visa for Cuba

On 2008-03-01 10:04:52 -0500, chattachitta said:

Does anyone know if I can get a Tourist Visa on arrival in Varadero,
Cuba ?

I will be travelling on a British passport.

Which Cuba in the US or Canada is that?

.....the one thats attached to Guantanamo Bay, USA....
Old March 26th, 2008, 01:24 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.usa-canada
Señora Castro

On 2008-03-01 10:04:52 -0500, chattachitta said:

Does anyone know if I can get a Tourist Visa on arrival in Varadero,
Cuba?

I will be travelling on a British passport.

WhichCubain the US or Canada is that?

....the one thats attached to Guantanamo Bay, USA....

its also known as the 'Canary Islands for Canadians'.....
Old March 26th, 2008, 08:03 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.usa-canada
One Varadero....theres only one Varadero....

On 2008-03-01 10:04:52 -0500, chattachitta said:

Does anyone know if I can get a Tourist Visa on arrival in Varadero,
Cuba?

I will be travelling on a British passport.

WhichCubain the US or Canada is that?

....the one thats attached to Guantanamo Bay, USA....

its also known as the 'Canary Islands for Canadians'.....

....and if u like old American cars.....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25034734@N07/
Old March 28th, 2008, 03:25 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.usa-canada
One Varadero....theres only one Varadero....

Default Cuba allows unrestricted cellular phone service - was - Tourist Visafor Cuba

On 2008-03-01 10:04:52 -0500, chattachitta said:

Does anyone know if I can get a Tourist Visa on arrival in Varadero,
Cuba?

I will be travelling on a British passport.

WhichCubain the US or Canada is that?

....the one thats attached to Guantanamo Bay, USA....

its also known as the 'Canary Islands for Canadians'.....

....and if u like old American cars.....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25034734@N07/

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080328/...cuba_reform_dc

HAVANA (Reuters) - Cuba announced on Friday that it will allow Cubans
the unrestricted use of mobile telephones for the first time in the
latest step by new President Raul Castro to improve access to consumer
goods.

Cuba has the lowest rate of cellular telephone use in Latin America
with the service been mainly restricted until now to foreigners and
government officials.

The Cuban telecommunications monopoly ETECSA said it would begin
mobile phone service for the general public in the next few days.

"ETECSA is able to offer mobile phone service to the public," it said
in a statement published in the Communist Party newspaper Granma.

Many Cubans have for long wanted access to cellular phones and hoped
it would be among the first steps taken by Raul Castro, who took over
from his ailing brother Fidel Castro as Cuba's first new leader in
almost half a century on February 24.

Some Cubans have mobile phone service in the name of foreigners or
their work places. They will now be able to put the contract in their
own names, ETECSA said.

It said the new service would be paid for in hard currency in order to
fund the development of Cuba's telecommunications systems and extend
land line telephone services.

(Reporting by Anthony Boadle; Editing by Kieran Murray)