Cancelled Carnival cruises

Old January 28th, 2009, 01:11 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
frijoli[_4_]

Default Cancelled Carnival cruises

Sue Mullen wrote:

Susette wrote:

I had a SOB moment today getting a call from a client on Sunday
saying the Caribbean princess was not ready when they got to San Juan
and they put them in a warehouse to wait and it was delayed 7 hours.
I was thinking IN A WAREHOUSE what is wrong with these Cruise lines!

We had something similar situation when we sailed on the Grand Princess
Oct. 31, 1999. The ship was coming from Europe and there had been some
very bad storms there and during the crossing. Princess knew the ship
would be delayed, but did not notify most of the TAs. They put us in a
conference center that wasn't big enough for all the passengers. Someone
actually called 911 reporting a fire hazzard.lol Finally we found
out(not from Princess) that the ship was boarding passengers, so a group
of us got cabs to the pier and at 9PM got on the ship. It was not a fun
day, but we did enjoy the cruise and the ship.

Hope your clients enjoy their cruise!!

sue

Sue, somehow it seems okay at the beginning of the cruise, doesn't it?
Old January 28th, 2009, 04:38 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

frijoli wrote:
Sue Mullen wrote:

Susette wrote:

[...]

We went ahead and had a good cruise despite this, but all over the ship
people were bitching and moaning about the situation.

sue
Old January 28th, 2009, 04:39 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Becca wrote:
Sue Mullen wrote:

We had something similar situation when we sailed on the Grand
Princess Oct. 31, 1999. The ship was coming from Europe and there had
been some very bad storms there and during the crossing. Princess knew
the ship would be delayed, but did not notify most of the TAs. They
put us in a conference center that wasn't big enough for all the
passengers. Someone actually called 911 reporting a fire hazzard.lol
Finally we found out(not from Princess) that the ship was boarding
passengers, so a group of us got cabs to the pier and at 9PM got on
the ship. It was not a fun day, but we did enjoy the cruise and the ship.

Hope your clients enjoy their cruise!!

sue

About 12-13 yrs ago, I was booked on the Norwegian Windward, which
became the Norwegian Wind, then the MS SuperStar Aquarius. whew

This was a cruise for the solar eclipse, plus we would see the volcano
at Montserrat, which was belching, had lava flows and mud flows.
Norwegian were stretching the ship and it was not finished in time for
the cruise. The cruise was canceled and I read about it here; it took my
TA several weeks to notify me.

At least we got to go on our cruise, just a little later then planned,
but you didn't get to go at all and that stinks. Were you able to book
another cruise in place of the canceled one?

sue
Old January 30th, 2009, 03:31 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gregory C. Read[_2_]

George
Everytime I do a travel agent onboard I think of you.

All I can say is, WOW!!!

Greg

Susette
Cruise Outlets and Travel