Philadelphia/DC hotels

Old February 9th, 2008, 06:37 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Carole Allen[_1_]

Default Philadelphia/DC hotels

On Fri, 08 Feb 2008 07:46:04 -0500, Shawn Hirn
wrote:
Try looking at http://www.tripadvisor.com or put in a bid on
http://www.priceline.com

Have been using tripadvisor to check posted reviews...
Old February 10th, 2008, 05:10 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

On Feb 8, 1:42*am, (Carole Allen) wrote:
Any suggestions for a Philadelphia hotel with reasonable rates? *By
that I mean in the $150 and under range. *Have found one place with
decent reviews near Temple Univ. *Too far north? *Seems to be easy
access to subway. * Traveling with 14 yo, will be seeing historic
sites...everything in Old City/City Center up in $200-300 range...will
be there about June 25-28 - still firming up dates. *Will be arriving
via Amtrak from NYC, so can connect to most any hotel via public
transport from the station. *My last trip to Phil was 21 yrs ago, not
as familiar as I am with DC layout.

Looking for DC for 7 nights - thinking might be cheaper to book a
place by the by the week - not opposed to staying out in Alexandria.
Have been to DC before - Alexandria is a short metro hop to the Mall
and surrounding area. *Tentative dates June 14-21.

I got NYC covered.

I have my own online travel booking engine (that anyone can have for
under $500). I use it as a home business and donate some proceeds to
charity. Please check my site at www.liveearthtravel.net for great
rates to Phili. Click on Book Travel to get to Search engine--My
contact # is on site--Hope it helps--Happy Traveling---Irene
Old February 13th, 2008, 12:27 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Anonymous[_1_]

Last year when I went to a conference in DC I stayed at the Days Inn
on Columbia Pike in Arlington, Virginia. It was reasonably priced and
even had a kitchenette. It was only a short bus ride to the Metro.
The only problem was that the Internet was not wireless so I had to
buy a cable.
Old March 27th, 2008, 01:57 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
- Bobb -[_2_]

"Carole Allen" wrote in message
Any suggestions for a Philadelphia hotel with reasonable rates? By
that I mean in the $150 and under range. Have found one place with
decent reviews near Temple Univ. Too far north? Seems to be easy
access to subway. Traveling with 14 yo, will be seeing historic
sites...everything in Old City/City Center up in $200-300 range...will
be there about June 25-28 - still firming up dates.

I recently stayed he
http://www.comfortinn.com/ires/en-US...g.H2iHmg9wl0.2
at the COMFORT INN in DOWNTOWN PHILADELPHIA.
Handy spot - we walked to all historical sites. ( Only reason we stopped
was to see those sites). Good buffett " basic breakfast" fruit,
juice,coffee,cereals,bagels,toast etc. I stopped at vistor center on
highway and someone there told me that in one of those (" normally
useless") hotel ad magazines over there, I got a coupon for it. Coupon
was only good for first night, but their normal rate was ~$175 so worth
looking for/using. One night cost $120 including tax. (King bed). Only
stayed one night so worked fine for us.
I DID have to pay to park ($15-20 / day ?). There is a pay parking lot
RIGHT next to property. It looks like THEIR parking area, yet it is
separate business ( maybe they sold their lot ??)

Old March 29th, 2008, 06:17 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Carole Allen[_1_]

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 09:57:04 -0400, "- Bobb -"
wrote:
I recently stayed he
http://www.comfortinn.com/ires/en-US...g.H2iHmg9wl0.2
at the COMFORT INN in DOWNTOWN PHILADELPHIA.
Handy spot - we walked to all historical sites. ( Only reason we stopped
was to see those sites). Good buffett " basic breakfast" fruit,
juice,coffee,cereals,bagels,toast etc. I stopped at vistor center on
highway and someone there told me that in one of those (" normally
useless") hotel ad magazines over there, I got a coupon for it. Coupon
was only good for first night, but their normal rate was ~$175 so worth
looking for/using. One night cost $120 including tax. (King bed). Only
stayed one night so worked fine for us.
I DID have to pay to park ($15-20 / day ?). There is a pay parking lot
RIGHT next to property. It looks like THEIR parking area, yet it is
separate business ( maybe they sold their lot ??)

I ended up reserving a room at the Alexander Inn, about $139/night, 2
queen beds (have my 14 yo grandson w/me and he sure doesn't want to
share a bed w/Grandma!)...short walk to the subway...won;t havea car
to worry about - arriving via Amtrak from NYC, flying out from Phil.
to home...