Tourist Visa for Cuba

Old March 1st, 2008, 03:04 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.usa-canada
chattachitta

Default Tourist Visa for Cuba

Does anyone know if I can get a Tourist Visa on arrival in Varadero,
Cuba ?

I will be travelling on a British passport.
Old March 1st, 2008, 03:46 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.usa-canada
Gerald Oliver Swift

"chattachitta" wrote in message
Does anyone know if I can get a Tourist Visa on arrival in Varadero,
Cuba ?

I will be travelling on a British passport.

No visas issued on arrival in Cuba. You need to apply beforehand for a
Tourist Visa Card.
See http://www.cubaldn.com/englishFiles/...IST_VISA_CARDS
for details.
From memory they cost about £15.

Gerry

Old March 1st, 2008, 04:27 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

On Mar 1, 3:04 pm, chattachitta wrote:
Does anyone know if I can get a Tourist Visa on arrival in Varadero,
Cuba ?

I will be travelling on a British passport.

As a matter of interest, when did Cuba become part of Asia? Or of
Europe? And it has not really been part of the USA since 1959. So
why is this query relevant to groups focussed on these regions?
Old March 1st, 2008, 06:47 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.usa-canada
chattachitta

On 1 Mar, 16:46, "Gerald Oliver Swift" wrote:
"chattachitta" wrote in message

Does anyone know if I can get a Tourist Visa on arrival in Varadero,
Cuba ?

I will be travelling on a British passport.

No visas issued on arrival in Cuba. You need to apply beforehand for a
Tourist Visa Card.
Seehttp://www.cubaldn.com/englishFiles/consuladoin.htm#_TOURIST_VISA_CARDS
for details.
From memory they cost about £15.

Gerry

...yep, I saw that, but I also read about getting one on arrival...
Old March 1st, 2008, 07:13 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.usa-canada
JohnBuchan

As per website below, cost is only 15 Pounds

http://www.learn4good.com/travel/cuba_visa.htm

On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 10:47:53 -0800 (PST), chattachitta
wrote:

On 1 Mar, 16:46, "Gerald Oliver Swift" wrote:
"chattachitta" wrote in message

Does anyone know if I can get a Tourist Visa on arrival in Varadero,
Cuba ?

I will be travelling on a British passport.

No visas issued on arrival in Cuba. You need to apply beforehand for a
Tourist Visa Card.
Seehttp://www.cubaldn.com/englishFiles/consuladoin.htm#_TOURIST_VISA_CARDS
for details.
From memory they cost about £15.

Old March 1st, 2008, 07:57 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

As a matter of interest, when did Cuba become part of Asia? Or of
Europe? And it has not really been part of the USA since 1959. So
why is this query relevant to groups focussed on these regions?

because people travel there from all over the world.....
Old March 1st, 2008, 08:11 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.usa-canada
Runge11

No fear, michaelnewport enjoys OT and crosspost and doesn't care about the
rest.
He enjoys virus exporting, too...

Old March 3rd, 2008, 12:17 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.usa-canada
chattachitta

wrote:
On 1 Mar, 16:46, "Gerald Oliver Swift" wrote:
"chattachitta" wrote in message

Does anyone know if I can get a Tourist Visa on arrival in Varadero,
Cuba ?

I will be travelling on a British passport.

No visas issued on arrival in Cuba. You need to apply beforehand for a
Tourist Visa Card.
Seehttp://www.cubaldn.com/englishFiles/consuladoin.htm#_TOURIST_VISA_CARDS
for details.
From memory they cost about £15.

Gerry

...yep, I saw that, but I also read about getting one on arrival...

Visited, 15 Grape St. just off Shaftsbury Avenue (5 minutes from
Holborn tube). Paid £15
Took 5 minutes.
Open 09:30-12:30 Monday-Friday.
Staffed by 2 smiley happy Cubans.

That was the easiest Visa ever !
Old March 3rd, 2008, 08:28 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.usa-canada
chattachitta

wrote:
On 1 Mar, 16:46, "Gerald Oliver Swift" wrote:
"chattachitta" wrote in message

Does anyone know if I can get a Tourist Visa on arrival in Varadero,
Cuba?

I will be travelling on a British passport.

No visas issued on arrival inCuba. You need to apply beforehand for a
Tourist Visa Card.
Seehttp://www.cubaldn.com/englishFiles/consuladoin.htm#_TOURIST_VISA_CARDS
for details.
From memory they cost about £15.

Gerry

...yep, I saw that, but I also read about getting one on arrival...

Visited, 15 Grape St. just off Shaftsbury Avenue (5 minutes from
Holborn tube). Paid £15
Took 5 minutes.
Open 09:30-12:30 Monday-Friday.
Staffed by 2 smiley happy Cubans.

That was the easiest Visa ever !

the holiday is also £250 cheaper if you go from Belgium rather than UK