discount cruises- got to cut corners so..

Old January 16th, 2009, 07:49 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Default discount cruises- got to cut corners so..

the first thing to go appears to be the person(s) who watch the video
monitors!

OOPS!

OOPS- forgot to yell "MAN OVERBOARD!!!"

OOPS! forgot to call the bridge!

OOPS! forgot to go find lifebuoys and throw them over the back of the
ship!

OOPS!

There aren't any lifebuoys on the upper decks!

This ought to tell you something about the state of the cruise
industry today!
Old January 18th, 2009, 12:50 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

[Default] Thus spake " :

May I ask WTF are you talking about?

Of course, I have now fed the troll. Sorry folks.
--

- dillon I am not invalid

When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams come true.
Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which
will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no
matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Old January 18th, 2009, 10:06 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Goomba

Brian K wrote:

It also tells you about the state of passengers. Some let go of all
common sense, drink too much, try to do the "king of the world" shot
from Titanic or have doctors who don't see the signs and let a suicidal
passenger who should have been diagnosed as "not fit to sail" go on a
cruise.

Who routinely goes to a doctor for approval to cruise?
Old January 18th, 2009, 10:35 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Seehorse Video

"Goomba" wrote in message
Brian K wrote:

It also tells you about the state of passengers. Some let go of all
common sense, drink too much, try to do the "king of the world" shot from
Titanic or have doctors who don't see the signs and let a suicidal
passenger who should have been diagnosed as "not fit to sail" go on a
cruise.

Who routinely goes to a doctor for approval to cruise?

Those of us on oxygen and some others with disabilities or health problems
have to submit letters from our doctors that we are healthy enough to
cruise. We therefore go to a doctor for approval to cruise. I doubt this
reduces the chances of a suicide pact. I carry a script in my wallet that I
can cruise and have my MD renew it from time to time. I'm not sure jumping
off a ship would be my favorite way to go.

Harry Cooper

Old January 19th, 2009, 05:45 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

On 1/18/2009 5:06 PM Goomba did a "happy dance", then made these writings:
Brian K wrote:

It also tells you about the state of passengers. Some let go of all
common sense, drink too much, try to do the "king of the world" shot
from Titanic or have doctors who don't see the signs and let a
suicidal passenger who should have been diagnosed as "not fit to
sail" go on a cruise.

Who routinely goes to a doctor for approval to cruise?

People under psychiatric care, like that girl who jumped. I believe she
was very depressed about an illness or physical condition.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old January 20th, 2009, 04:17 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Goomba

Brian K wrote:

It also tells you about the state of passengers. Some let go of all
common sense, drink too much, try to do the "king of the world" shot
from Titanic or have doctors who don't see the signs and let a
suicidal passenger who should have been diagnosed as "not fit to
sail" go on a cruise.

Who routinely goes to a doctor for approval to cruise?

People under psychiatric care, like that girl who jumped. I believe she
was very depressed about an illness or physical condition.

I don't buy that any significant number of psych patients go to the
doctor asking permission to cruise....do you?
She may very well have been depressed as hell, but depressed people
cruise all the time, I'm sure?
We're not talking the ideal textbook situation here but rather real life.
Old January 20th, 2009, 07:42 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kurt Ullman

In article ,
Goomba wrote:

I don't buy that any significant number of psych patients go to the
doctor asking permission to cruise....do you?
She may very well have been depressed as hell, but depressed people
cruise all the time, I'm sure?
We're not talking the ideal textbook situation here but rather real life.

Hanging in or around the Psych Biz for 25+ years now. Can't think of
one depressed person (or bipolar for that matter) who got a note from
the doc to go cruising or any other form of traveling. I can only think
of maybe 4 times where the patient asked for a copy of the script in
case their meds were lost.
Old January 20th, 2009, 06:55 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

[Default] Thus spake Goomba :

Brian K wrote:

It also tells you about the state of passengers. Some let go of all
common sense, drink too much, try to do the "king of the world" shot
from Titanic or have doctors who don't see the signs and let a suicidal
passenger who should have been diagnosed as "not fit to sail" go on a
cruise.

Who routinely goes to a doctor for approval to cruise?

Carol got a solid NO from her oncologist while she was on chemo. It
would have been the week between, but she would have nadared on the
second day.
--

- dillon I am not invalid

Men are like a carpet. Lay them well and you can
walk on them for years.

Old January 20th, 2009, 07:27 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Goomba

Dillon Pyron wrote:
[Default] Thus spake Goomba :

Brian K wrote:

It also tells you about the state of passengers. Some let go of all
common sense, drink too much, try to do the "king of the world" shot
from Titanic or have doctors who don't see the signs and let a suicidal
passenger who should have been diagnosed as "not fit to sail" go on a
cruise.

Who routinely goes to a doctor for approval to cruise?

Carol got a solid NO from her oncologist while she was on chemo. It
would have been the week between, but she would have nadared on the
second day.

And that is someone who obviously has an interest in including her
doctor in her vacation plans and is cognizant of the risks, right?

How many psych patients do you actually think do so? How many psych
patients don't even bother seeing a doctor?

IMO, It is laughable that someone would suggest that some doctor (which
one? any one off the street? someone via telepathy??) should have told a
depressed passenger who had plans to go overboard that they were "not
fit to sail." I suspect someone who has little experience with psych
patients, suicide and so on.....