Internet Cafe Survey

Old March 18th, 2008, 10:49 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
messianic light

Default Internet Cafe Survey

I have been an Internet Consultant since 1995, and in 1996 I thought
of a name for an Internet Cafe which I wrote on a piece of paper and
posted to myself, I found the letter the other week after 12 years and
I am now in the process of setting up an Internet Cafe in a cafe in my
hometown, my goal is to have one such Internet Cafe in every Capital
City in the world

I would just like to know how often you use Internet Cafes when
travelling?

and how much is charged, and whether you think that the current
charges are fair?

Thanks in advance
Old March 19th, 2008, 01:02 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Shawn Hirn

In article
,
messianic light wrote:

I have been an Internet Consultant since 1995, and in 1996 I thought
of a name for an Internet Cafe which I wrote on a piece of paper and
posted to myself, I found the letter the other week after 12 years and
I am now in the process of setting up an Internet Cafe in a cafe in my
hometown, my goal is to have one such Internet Cafe in every Capital
City in the world

I would just like to know how often you use Internet Cafes when
travelling?

and how much is charged, and whether you think that the current
charges are fair?

Maybe once a year I will use my laptop wirelessly at a Star Bucks. When
I travel, these days, most every hotel where I stay has in-room
broadband Internet access for free or a low daily rate.
Old March 19th, 2008, 03:58 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
messianic light

On 19 Mar, 01:02, Shawn Hirn wrote:
In article
,
*messianic light wrote:

I have been an Internet Consultant since 1995, and in 1996 I thought
of a name for an Internet Cafe which I wrote on a piece of paper and
posted to myself, I found the letter the other week after 12 years and
I am now in the process of setting up an Internet Cafe in a cafe in my
hometown, my goal is to have one such Internet Cafe in every Capital
City in the world

I would just like to know how often you use Internet Cafes when
travelling?

and how much is charged, and whether you think that the current
charges are fair?

Maybe once a year I will use my laptop wirelessly at a Star Bucks. When
I travel, these days, most every hotel where I stay has in-room
broadband Internet access for free or a low daily rate.

Thank you Shawn,
when you don't have your laptop with you, do you consider going into
an Internet Cafe to check your email or surf for some information?

Regards,
Damian
Old March 19th, 2008, 07:26 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Binyamin Dissen

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 20:58:16 -0700 (PDT) messianic light
wrote:

:On 19 Mar, 01:02, Shawn Hirn wrote:
: In article
: ,
: *messianic light wrote:

[...]

Anybody who uses a public computer to check for email is an idiot. Who knows
what key loggers, sniffers, screen capturers, etc. are installed? Who knows
what the computer is doing, under the covers, while you are innocently
checking your mail?

HTTPS will not help you, as that only protects you if the end-points are
secure and a public computer is not at all secure.

--
Binyamin Dissen
http://www.dissensoftware.com

Old March 19th, 2008, 04:39 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

I am now in the process of setting up an Internet Cafe

Do you mean a cafe that rents computers? Rental places are
disappearing because laptops are increasingly popular and people can
just take their own laptops when they're travelling and use high-speed
access in their motel room or in stores with WiFi like Starbucks.
Also, handheld mobile devices like the iPhone and iPod Touch can be
used for email, too.

I'm sure that rental places will be around for years, but its a
declining business.

Jim
Old March 19th, 2008, 09:25 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
messianic light

On 19 Mar, 16:39, wrote:
I am now in the process of setting up an Internet Cafe

Do you mean a cafe that rents computers? Rental places are
disappearing because laptops are increasingly popular and people can
just take their own laptops when they're travelling and use high-speed
access in their motel room or in stores with WiFi like Starbucks.
Also, handheld mobile devices like the iPhone and iPod Touch can be
used for email, too.

I'm sure that rental places will be around for years, but its a
declining business.

Jim

Thank you Jim for your response,

the first Internet Cafe will be a HQ for online services to the other
Internet Cafes, so a user won't just be renting a computer, but will
be entertained and be part of a community
already in research that I did over a couple of years when on trips,
either business or leisure, I found 3 current renting Internet Cafes
who are interested in my brand of Internet Cafe, these were in a
seaside town in South Wales where I went camping, Birmingham, where
the coach stopped and London when I was on a business trip

the London Internet Cafe was a dedicated Internet Access Facility and
was so busy that you had to book and come back later
whereas the other 2 were Food Cafes with Internet Access via 3 or 4
computers and the owners complained that they weren't attracting
custom and they were very interested in my marketing services to boost
the number of customers using the computers...

I feel that people who don't have a laptop, they are not so popular in
the UK as in the US, will be attracted to rent access, or I have a way
of them earning time to surf
it is all very interesting and challenging, but the competition is not
other Internet Cafes that rent access, but Coffee Houses, like
Starbucks who have WiFi access
it is a matter of attracting business customers and professionals who
want time away from the office but need to do some surfing, along with
attracting the many people in the UK, at least, who don't have access
at home...

Regards,
Damian
Old March 19th, 2008, 11:02 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Hatunen

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 21:02:40 -0400, Shawn Hirn
wrote:

In article
,
messianic light wrote:

I have been an Internet Consultant since 1995, and in 1996 I thought
of a name for an Internet Cafe which I wrote on a piece of paper and
posted to myself, I found the letter the other week after 12 years and
I am now in the process of setting up an Internet Cafe in a cafe in my
hometown, my goal is to have one such Internet Cafe in every Capital
City in the world

I would just like to know how often you use Internet Cafes when
travelling?

and how much is charged, and whether you think that the current
charges are fair?

Maybe once a year I will use my laptop wirelessly at a Star Bucks. When
I travel, these days, most every hotel where I stay has in-room
broadband Internet access for free or a low daily rate.

For people like you I've go to recommend installing Skype on your
laptop for easy, inexpensive phone calls; calls to or within the
US are about two cents a minute to landline phones (free to other
Skype users).

We were down in Guaymas, Sonora, Mexico a few weeks ago, and our
hotel had free broadband. She was able to call back to the US for
that low amount rather than the fifty cents or more per minute
for other means of telephoning. Great for callin other countries,
too.

Old March 20th, 2008, 04:59 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Calif Bill

messianic light wrote:

[...]

They are everywhere. Hotels have Inet computers, little village in the
Galapagos had Internet spot. You are about 11 years to late. Was in Costa
Rica a week ago. Everywhere had Internet vendors. About a buck an hour or
less.

Old March 20th, 2008, 05:02 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Calif Bill

news

: messianic light wrote:

[...]

Your email is that secret?

Old March 20th, 2008, 05:06 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Binyamin Dissen

On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 21:02:21 -0800 "Calif Bill"
wrote:

:"Binyamin Dissen" wrote in message
:news : On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 20:58:16 -0700 (PDT) messianic light
: wrote:

: :On 19 Mar, 01:02, Shawn Hirn wrote:
: : In article
: : ,

[...]