It's Official - Booked the MOAGC

Old October 20th, 2003, 12:42 AM
Jo-Ann

Default It's Official - Booked the MOAGC

Rick, that must mean that most of the employees take their vacations
toward the end of the year? That seems silly that you have to start
the year with zero vacation time and accrue it as the year goes on.
Doesn't the company get hit with vacationers all at once? And that
means NOBODY can ever take a vacation early in the year? We accrue
sick time over the course of the year, but vacation time is
"deposited" into our account the first day of our anniversary. Our
anniversary date is our date of hire, not January 1. The only thing
that gets added to our "pot" is if we opt not to take the extra day's
pay for a holiday (in my profession, we have to work holidays). I
always opted to take it as extra vacation time, so I would accumulate
that time as the holidays each passed. But otherwise I started my
anniversary year off with my vacation time.

Too bad...it would have been nice to meet you on the MOAGC.

Jo-Ann

(RICK DAVIS) wrote in message ...
I wanted to book this cruise so bad. But, my company makes us accrue
our vacation time and it must be used by Dec. 31st each year. A use it
or loose it deal. So January 1st of each year I have zero hours in my
account. No carry over of time....which really sucks for me.

Old October 20th, 2003, 01:24 AM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Jo-Ann wrote:

Rick, that must mean that most of the employees take their vacations
toward the end of the year? That seems silly that you have to start
the year with zero vacation time and accrue it as the year goes on.
Doesn't the company get hit with vacationers all at once? And that
means NOBODY can ever take a vacation early in the year?

The company my husband works for does the same thing, he get a number of
hours per week and doesn't get it on his anniversary. It has to build up
as the year goes on. They can carry over vacation days, so it doesn't
all have to be taken by the end of the year. It is a pain, when we look
at a cruise we(I) have to calculate how many days he will have by that
time. It is much different then he has had before, but it can be
managed. I don't know if Rick can carry vacation over to the next year
or not.

sue

Old October 20th, 2003, 02:06 PM
Showyourpride

Charlotte-

My friend Karen is booking this for us so I dont know where we are in the
booking process but we are going. Mom will be traveling with us as well. I look
forward to Joe's wonderful food talk. I will be in NY in Sept and hope to find
that wonderful Italian restaruant you were talking about.

Robert
(Charlotte and Joe's table mates on the Voyager)
Old October 20th, 2003, 04:28 PM
Becca

The Cognatos have booked the MOAGC. We booked a balcony cabin but

Charlotte, it will be fun to cruise with you and Joe again. You have
cruised with my husband and I, this time you may cruise with my
children, too.

Becca -----knows Joe will love the Solarium pool...

GGC http://www.ggc2004.com/
Norwegian Dawn http://www.cruisemaster.com/dawn.htm
Sleazy3 http://www.cruisemaster.com/sleazy3.htm
MOAGC http://www.motherofallgroupcruises.com/
Old October 20th, 2003, 04:28 PM
Becca

My friend Karen is booking this for us

Robert, I am looking forward to seeing you again and meeting your
friend Karen. Your mom is a hoot, it will be nice to cruise with her
again.

Becca -----hoping the captain is young!

Old October 20th, 2003, 09:22 PM
Becca

As I told Lori, can't go since we are always on Maui every February.
Can't afford both & the air to Maui is FREE (Skymiles).

Brenda, we will miss you on the Explorer. One of these days we will
be on the same cruise ship.

Becca -----enjoy Hawaii...

Old October 20th, 2003, 10:16 PM
Queen of Cruising

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 23:44:31 GMT, "Jean O'Boyle"
wrote:

We have three cruises
booked as it is now,

Hi! My name is Jean O'Boil. I would say "excuse me" for butting into
your thread but HEY EVERYBODY LOOKEE AT ME AND AT MY CRUISES!!!!!