bad experience on Star Princess Sept 27.

Old October 21st, 2003, 02:42 AM
Nitemare

Default bad experience on Star Princess Sept 27.

"Steve in FLL" wrote in message
Tippi wrote (in part):
I saw other staterooms decorated with balloons on the first day, and
I would have liked to have some too!

Tippi,

The cruise lines do NOT do that out of their Heart due to your Birthday.

This is an "Optional" service that one has to plan and pay for,
pre-cruise.

We've gotten balloons on our door for each trip for birthdays/anniversaries
on Princess at no charge

Old October 21st, 2003, 03:29 AM
Susette405

We've gotten balloons on our door for each trip for birthdays/anniversaries
on Princess at no charge

Yes Princess does do a door decoration for special occasions! We got that too
it was a nice touch
Susette
Join us on our Annual Group Cruise 29Nov03 Navigator of the Seas
Check out our new website: www.cruiseoutlets.com
Old October 21st, 2003, 05:44 AM
Cal Ford

Same here. When doing a cruise or a land tour I always download the digital
everynight to the laptop as a safety measure. My digital uses a memory card and
I have several of those so every few days I can tuck one away as another measure
of protection. Plus it is fun when you have a quiet moment to flip through the
pictures, so to speak, on the laptop.

Cal Ford
http://www.lidodeckcruises.com

In article , Tippi says...

(Steve in FLL) wrote in message
The cruise lines do NOT do that out of their Heart due to your Birthday.

OK, I didn't know that. Since they ask on the website if you are
celebrating anything I thought that's what they do.

I'm sorry about your camera
hope you still have the film

It was a digital, I lost one day's worth of pictures, including the
snorkeling pics that I specifically bought a Uwa-Marine underwater
camera housing for. :-(
Luckily many of the pics I've downloaded to the laptop.

Old October 21st, 2003, 11:12 AM
Howard Garland

Nitemare wrote:

We've gotten balloons on our door for each trip for birthdays/anniversaries
on Princess at no charge

I really have this problem with door decorations. To me, they're in the
same category as running a clothesline on one's stateroom balcony. (I
hope Celeste doesn't tell me what a snob I am, again).

Howard

Old October 21st, 2003, 12:21 PM
Brenda

No charge with Princess. They do birthday, anniversary, even
homeymooner balloons & a card from the Captain. Deviously overfudged
on chocolate cake with mousse & hard chocolate between them presented
with a song at dinner.

Juliana L Holm wrote in message ...
Tippi wrote:
2. no birthday for me
Sept 27 was my birthday. I indicated that on the web form. There was
nothing in the stateroom, nothing at dinner. I did get the song and
cake at dinner on the NEXT day. Luckily the cruise was NOT meant as a
celebration of my birthday (was arranged with other people and just
happened to fall on that day), otherwise I would have been really
bummed out. I saw other staterooms decorated with ballons on the first
day, and I would have liked to have some too!

This is standard procedure. They don't do cakes the first night out on
most if not all cruise ships, because of all the confusion. And the
balloons and cabin decorations are something you order special and pay
for. Last year we went on the NOrwegian Dawn for my sister in law's
40th birthday, and we arranged for those things, but they cost about $35.

You're lucky you did not get the treatment she did! They had a cake, right
night, too (third night out) and they came and sang "Happy Anniversary" to
her and her husband! LOL!

Sorry about the stuff that went wrong on your cruise, but these things are
just the way it is.

Julie

Old October 21st, 2003, 03:51 PM
Tippi

"QuiltShopHopper" QuiltShopHopper@org wrote
Happy Birthday to you,

thank you!

their forgetfulness and poor service will not win you back for
future cruises.

Not because of this, but we find overall we enjoyed the RCCL cruises
more, although the Princess staff seem to more pleasant.
Old October 22nd, 2003, 07:30 AM
Linsifer

I just love those babyscones with a dollop of whipped cream and spoonful of
jam. I also "learned" to drink tea with milk and sugar during those afternoon
teas. Later when I discovered I could get the "left over" scones in the Horizon
Court buffet, I didn;t make such a point of showing up in the dining room in
the middle of the afternoon.

Lindsay ------ who never eats the little sandwiches.

Charles wrote:

On the Princess cruises I have been on what they have served what they
call afternoon tea at 3:30 everyday, with small scones, jam, cream, and
little sandwiches.

--
Charles
Old October 22nd, 2003, 07:32 AM
Linsifer

I'm right there with ya, Snumber!

Lindsay

A truly delightful experience ... whether it is officially tea time like or
not
Old October 22nd, 2003, 07:39 AM
Linsifer

My daughter and her new husband just celebrated their honeymoon on board the
Star Princess and they hung balloons outside their door. Nice touch, indeed.