Question for the folks over at Cruisemates

Old October 22nd, 2003, 11:38 PM
Jeff Gersten

Default Question for the folks over at Cruisemates

If you read my thread about Uniworld river cruises, you know that they
took our final deposit, and then chartered out our ship just over 2
months before its scheduled departure date. I wanted to post a review
over at your review site. Something along the line of Uniworld ---they
have beautiful brochures, reasonable prices, but beware of them. They
will take your money and then cancel your cruise. I wanted another forum
other than this one to warn people about them. When I went to post it,
Uniworld was not on the list of cruise companies. Is there any way to
post a warning about them on your site?

Old October 23rd, 2003, 12:15 AM
Donnassei

Hi Jeff,
You can post in the "chit chat" forum if you like, its a kind of O/T board. In
the mean time I'll ask that Uniworld be added to the list of ships.

BTW, what did they offer you as compensation?? Can you re-schedule your cruise
for another date?

Hope they tried to do something, if its any consolation, I've heard of this
happening on some of the major cruiselines as well, not fun, but it does
happen.

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
http://www.cruisemates.com
Old October 23rd, 2003, 12:41 AM
Florence and Lou Roth

Jeff
If you go over to Cruise Critic & check out their menu, you'll find the
topic " river cruises " towards the bottom of the list. When you read
what someone posted today, you'll be happy that you didn't accept the
alternative cruise that Uniworld offered, These people went on their
cruise & everything went wrong.

Enjoy your alternative.

Florence

Old October 23rd, 2003, 02:23 AM
Paul Motter

In the "Reader Reviews" area there is a section for "other cruise
lines," we will be happy to include it in there.

I have not had a chance to read your thread here yet, but I certainly
hope they gave you fair compensation.
Old October 23rd, 2003, 04:19 AM
Cal Ford

Yes, this is a real Bummer of a situation when it happens. It would have been so
simple for Uniworld to have handled this in a much better fashion.

Please do not get down on River Cruises in general because of this as they are a
great experience and there are many fine companies that offer them. You may in
fact see one of them mentioned on this forum in the new future.

Cal Ford
http://www.lidodeckcruises.com

In article , Jeff
Gersten says...