I'm French and my Trip from Indiannapolis to Wash DC was excellent.

Old February 28th, 2005, 08:16 PM

lol.....what would the taxes be......just say you took a year
off......do some work for a friend, get a receipt.....

put it on your taxes as miscelenious income, 2 grand.....cost ya a 100
bucks a year......

Old February 28th, 2005, 11:20 PM
B Vaughan

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:29:42 -0800, "PeterL"
wrote:

"Pierre_St_Germain" wrote in message

I love France and if this oil war goes on much longer I just might spend a
couple of years there, give the middle-finger to the IRS (that's our tax
collection agency here in the USA).

Um, sorry, you still have to pay US taxes. Unless of course you become a
French citizen. Then you'll find out what heavy taxation really means.

Even if you're a French citizen, you can't escape the IRS. You will
find it well nigh impossible to give up your US citizenship these days
and they'll insist you pay US taxes no matter how many other
citizenships you have.

--
Barbara Vaughan

My email address is my first initial followed by my last name at libero dot it.

Old March 1st, 2005, 12:46 AM
miles

Pierre_St_Germain wrote:

So the Bushies were trying to get you, a tourist, into the polls as well??!!
Doesn't surprise me, bunch of hypocrites. They'll rant and rave against
Europe and the French, but quietly they'll court their vote. Makes a bolus
of bile rise in my throat as I write this.

What the heck are you talking about? Court the votes of foreign
tourists who cant vote anyways? You are actually upset that people
treated someone from France decently? Cut the crap with the partisan BS.

I love France and if this oil war goes on much longer I just might spend a
couple of years there, give the middle-finger to the IRS (that's our tax
collection agency here in the USA).

Why wait? Move there now and spare us who love it here in the USA. I
hope to visit France soon, war or no war. Dang leftist crap, leave if
you dislike it here so much.
Old March 1st, 2005, 12:47 AM
PeterL

wrote:

"Pierre_St_Germain" wrote in message

I love France and if this oil war goes on much longer I just might

spend a
couple of years there, give the middle-finger to the IRS (that's our

tax
collection agency here in the USA).

Um, sorry, you still have to pay US taxes. Unless of course you become a
French citizen. Then you'll find out what heavy taxation really means.

Even if you're a French citizen, you can't escape the IRS. You will
find it well nigh impossible to give up your US citizenship these days
and they'll insist you pay US taxes no matter how many other
citizenships you have.

Only if you are rich. They'll let your everyday working stiff renounce the
citizenship.

Old March 1st, 2005, 02:02 PM

my father got a letter and a signed pic of bush trying to raise
campaign funds...funny part is 1)he is canadian, 2)he is incorporated
and thus couldnt give anyways...

we were asked in the letter to display the pic proudly...we had it
laminated and put it in the urinal......

Chuck

Old March 1st, 2005, 11:13 PM
Alan

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 12:03:08 -0600, "Pierre_St_Germain"
wrote:

I love France and if this oil war goes on much longer I just might spend a
couple of years there, give the middle-finger to the IRS (that's our tax
collection agency here in the USA).

Oh yes, the oil war. Sure has been a success at lowering gas
prices. Not to mention selling Iraqi oil to the rest of the world for
a profit. And, let's see, probably according to you, Bush was also
responsible for 9/11, global warming, global cooling, traffic in
L.A., the Tsunami, the spread of hemmoroids and the Phillies 29
game losing streak in 1959.

Please, give the finger to the IRS, go to France and pay a tax rate of
60%. Utopia.

But, the food and wine can't be beat!
Old March 1st, 2005, 11:17 PM
Alan

Glad you discovered that people-to-people usually trumps ideology in
the US. I've discovered the same no matter where I've traveled. Had
the same experience in France - none of the urban legend,
stereotypical nasty people. And not *too many* made fun of my lousy
accent, poor syntax and limited vocabulary when speaking French.

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 21:13:20 +0100, bejarry gil
wrote:

I did travel by my own in mid-west.
I did stop little villages and big cities.
All of you were really nice i just saw one
tag asking to boycott France on a car.
Well i was afraid with Bush supporters,
in red neck bars. I was going to red-neck places.
it was during last election.
I'm so kind of adventurous.
But i decided to fight my fears and talk
with them.
You know what was funny, we just felt
we had no differences. Is like i just
knew those people for ever.
They did not stones me.
I even felt so kind of peace meeting me.
In Cicinnatti i could go and see Bush
rally, I had no invitation, but immediatly
Bush supporters offered me theirs.
I just regret we didn't go futher about
deepper things.
But it was because of times.