Norwegian Woodworkers?

Old July 5th, 2004, 12:32 AM
Trishia Rose

Default Norwegian Woodworkers?

Jay Pique wrote in message . ..
Anyone out there from Norway?

Just curious.

JP

I'm not from Norway, but reading your post made me think. In a
country as impoverished and unstable as Norway, do people still find
time and resources to pursue such luxurious endeavors as woodworking?
I understand it is quite natural and something of a psychological
defense to divert oneself with some trivial game or other distraction
during the final days before starvation, but woodworking seems rather
an illogical conduit for this. Actually, now that I think about it,
does anyone in Norway even have internet access? I would think with
the state of things over there, there are a lot of other things they
could spend their money on that would help them crawl closer towards
third world status...
Old July 5th, 2004, 01:25 AM
Jeff Coudriet

You're obviously very dumb. Norway is quite affluent. Ever hear of
North Sea oil. DUH!

Jeff

Trishia Rose wrote

Old July 5th, 2004, 01:49 AM
Ray L. Nutz

Impoverised ?? they are about twice as wealthy as USA per capita and one of
most technicaly advanced.
maybe we could learn a thing or two from them.
before speaking read following info on Norway:
http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/...k/geos/no.html here is what it
says about economics:

Economy - overview:
The Norwegian economy is a prosperous bastion of welfare capitalism,
featuring a combination of free market activity and government intervention.
The government controls key areas, such as the vital petroleum sector
(through large-scale state enterprises). The country is richly endowed with
natural resources - petroleum, hydropower, fish, forests, and minerals - and
is highly dependent on its oil production and international oil prices, with
oil and gas accounting for one-third of exports. Only Saudi Arabia and
Russia export more oil than Norway. Norway opted to stay out of the EU
during a referendum in November 1994. The government has moved ahead with
privatization. With arguably the highest quality of life worldwide,
Norwegians still worry about that time in the next two decades when the oil
and gas begin to run out. Accordingly, Norway has been saving its
oil-boosted budget surpluses in a Government Petroleum Fund, which is
invested abroad and now is valued at more than $43 billion. GDP growth was a
lackluster 1% in 2002 and 0.5% in 2003 against the background of a faltering
European economy.

"Trishia Rose" wrote in message
om...
Jay Pique wrote in message

. ..
Anyone out there from Norway?

Just curious.

JP

I'm not from Norway, but reading your post made me think. In a
country as impoverished and unstable as Norway, do people still find
time and resources to pursue such luxurious endeavors as woodworking?
I understand it is quite natural and something of a psychological
defense to divert oneself with some trivial game or other distraction
during the final days before starvation, but woodworking seems rather
an illogical conduit for this. Actually, now that I think about it,
does anyone in Norway even have internet access? I would think with
the state of things over there, there are a lot of other things they
could spend their money on that would help them crawl closer towards
third world status...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg dictionary.jpg (890 Bytes, 118 views)
File Type: jpg listing.jpg (897 Bytes, 538 views)
Old July 5th, 2004, 03:52 AM
Jay Pique

"Ray L. Nutz" wrote:

Impoverised ?? they are about twice as wealthy as USA per capita and one of
most technicaly advanced.

Methinks I ruffled a feather with my initial post, and that said
feather was skillfully crafted into a perfectly tied fly, floated
gently downstream on the Current of Believability, and right into the
waiting maw of the wily Nutzfish.

Of course I've been known to be wrong.

JP
*************************
Still wondering.....

[...]

. com...

Old July 5th, 2004, 10:11 AM
Fredrik Nikala

Trishia Rose wrote:
I'm not from Norway, but reading your post made me think. In a
country as impoverished and unstable as Norway, do people still find

[...]
the state of things over there, there are a lot of other things they
could spend their money on that would help them crawl closer towards
third world status...

No no no! You have to be more subtle when you troll, otherwise it just
seems... stupid.

/Fredrik
Old July 5th, 2004, 02:35 PM
AArDvarK

Crap what a sickeningly disrespectful reply! Troll-ette!

NORWAY! AWESOME COUNTRY of a peaceful people!

Alex

Old July 5th, 2004, 04:18 PM
Alan R Williams

"AArDvarK" writes:

Crap what a sickeningly disrespectful reply! Troll-ette!

NORWAY! AWESOME COUNTRY of a peaceful people!

But no lions or tigers.

Alex

Alan

--
Alan Williams, Room IT301, Department of Computer Science,
University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PL, U.K.
Old July 5th, 2004, 05:37 PM
User 1.nospam

I'm not from Norway, but reading your post made me think. In a
country as impoverished and unstable as Norway,

I just returned from 10 days in the Norwegian fjiords....if that is poverty,
how do I emigrate? (minimum wage is approx $20. USD)