Euro symbol

Old October 26th, 2003, 02:10 AM
Gary Nichols

Default Euro symbol

Is the euro symbol being added to typewriters and computer keyboards?

Gary Nichols

Old October 26th, 2003, 03:23 AM
Mxsmanic

Gary Nichols writes:

Is the euro symbol being added to typewriters and computer keyboards?

I don't think anyone cares about typewriters these days, but on Windows
keyboards, the euro symbol is Alt-Gr-E. QWERTY keyboards are often
missing the Alt-Gr key, though.

It's unlikely that a new key will be added because that would require
rewrites of a lot of keyboard drivers.

Old October 26th, 2003, 03:28 AM
Miss L. Toe

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Gary Nichols writes:

Is the euro symbol being added to typewriters and computer keyboards?

I don't think anyone cares about typewriters these days, but on Windows
keyboards, the euro symbol is Alt-Gr-E. QWERTY keyboards are often
missing the Alt-Gr key, though.

It's unlikely that a new key will be added because that would require
rewrites of a lot of keyboard drivers.

They have a euro key on lots of keyboards in Euroland.
Ecen on the QWERTZ keyboards :-)

Old October 26th, 2003, 03:34 AM
Geodyne

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 19:10:40 -0700, "Gary Nichols"
wrote:

Is the euro symbol being added to typewriters and computer keyboards?

On Qwerty keyboards, you can type Alt-0128 if you have a numerical
keypad. I'm still trying to figure out how to type it with my notebook
keyboard though....

Geodyne

Old October 26th, 2003, 03:54 AM
Miss L. Toe

wrote:

Is the euro symbol being added to typewriters and computer keyboards?

On Qwerty keyboards, you can type Alt-0128 if you have a numerical
keypad. I'm still trying to figure out how to type it with my notebook
keyboard though....

Geodyne

? = if that works it's ALt + Fn then MJK8 (or thats where the little num pad
keys are on my keyboard are) - but I can never remember 0128 ?

Old October 26th, 2003, 03:55 AM
Miss L. Toe

? = if that works it's ALt + Fn then MJK8 (or thats where the little num

pad
keys are on my keyboard are) - but I can never remember 0128 ?

Hmm - it looked like a Euro symbol before I posted it - but now it looks
like a question mark.

Old October 26th, 2003, 04:58 AM
Geodyne

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 03:55:51 -0000, "Miss L. Toe"
wrote:

? = if that works it's ALt + Fn then MJK8 (or thats where the little num

pad
keys are on my keyboard are) - but I can never remember 0128 ?

Hmm - it looked like a Euro symbol before I posted it - but now it looks
like a question mark.

Yet that just worked in wordpad for me which is strange as
alt-Fn-numbered stuff hasn't in the past. Thanks Miss. L. Toe!

The €-d Geodyne

Old October 26th, 2003, 05:12 AM
Hatunen

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 04:23:19 +0100, Mxsmanic
wrote:

Gary Nichols writes:

Is the euro symbol being added to typewriters and computer keyboards?

I don't think anyone cares about typewriters these days, but on Windows
keyboards, the euro symbol is Alt-Gr-E. QWERTY keyboards are often
missing the Alt-Gr key, though.

Mr Nichols is posting through Juno so I suspect he is American,
in which case he has no Gr key.

It's unlikely that a new key will be added because that would require
rewrites of a lot of keyboard drivers.

It can easily be done with a new font, though.

Old October 26th, 2003, 06:41 AM
Desmond Coughlan

Gary Nichols wrote ...

Is the euro symbol being added to typewriters and computer keyboards?

It has been for a while. On mine, I hold down 'Alt Gr' and hit 'e'.

--
Desmond Coughlan |desmond [at] zeouane [dot] org
http://www.zeouane.org/