King Power Thefts

Old July 23rd, 2009, 08:12 PM posted to soc.culture.thai,rec.travel.asia
Magnus[_2_]

Default King Power Thefts

On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 21:01:13 +0800, Chris Blunt
wrote:

On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 13:05:05 +0200, ??????? wrote:

Good Soldier Schweik wrote:
A rather interesting report on the 17:00 TV news about passengers at
the airport stealing from the King Power Duty Free outlet. The report
was complete with statements by King Power management, the Police
and shots from security cameras that showed the individuals stealing.

That's not a surprise at all. There are people who shoplift in airports
all over the wold.
But the question here is weather at Suvarnabhumi airport the accused
were treated according the law or scams and false accusation are a daily
occurrence.

I have to admit that when this story first appeared last month I
doubted that King Power were involved in any scam. I thought its was
simply a case of the Thai police taking advantage of a situation where
customers had stolen items from the store.

Now I'm not so sure. I see the Danish government has issued a travel
advisory warning their citizens to be careful about and it appears that its more than just an isolated
incident. I think I'd be very wary of going anywhere near a King Power
shop right now.

Chris

So did first the British Embassy then the Irish Embassy 2 weeks ago as
I reported it on sct!

Remember the good old Don Muang airport. There were shops from several
brands. Both Bangkok airports belong to the Thai army but the monopoly
of the King Power's shops in the new one is actually the cash cow of
the present Thai far-rigthists.

Just see the reaction of Goebbels-in-Bangkok (GSS) and his sock
puppet, LambGay when I exposed the scam on 9 Jul here (on sct).
Very instructive, indeed!

If you don't want to feed the Thai neoNazis and the junta's minions:
BOYCOTT THE KING POWER SHOPS EVERYWHERE IN THAILAND!!!!!

AntiNazi Mort