Trains from Beijing to Shangai

Old July 31st, 2009, 01:33 PM
pinklife pinklife is offline
Member

Default Trains from Beijing to Shangai

Hi !

Me and my husband along with our 2 girls aged 4.5 and 1.5 are planning on a trip to China in Sep 1st week. Wanted to know :

1. How good are the train connection btw Beijing and China ? In terms of getting tmings/delays/comfort etc. Do my kids need tix. i saw a category called delux soft sleeper for 2 persons. Would that be ideal for my family ?

2. What is the climate like in Beijing/Shangai ?

3. How stroller friendly are the metro stations/tourist spots etc ?

Thanking in advance
Old July 31st, 2009, 06:06 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alfred Molon[_6_]

In article , pinklife says...

1. How good are the train connection btw Beijing and China ? In terms
of getting tmings/delays/comfort etc. Do my kids need tix. i saw a
category called delux soft sleeper for 2 persons. Would that be ideal
for my family ?

Where in China would you like to go to? Have you considered using the
plane to cover larger distances?

2. What is the climate like in Beijing/Shangai ?

Will be fine in September. Still a bit warm at the beginning, but not
hot.

3. How stroller friendly are the metro stations/tourist spots etc ?

I can't remember having seen elevators in the metro stations, although
there are escalators. Generally speaking, getting around with a stroller
is not a problem, because there is a lot of space, wide pavements etc.
--

Alfred Molon
Old August 1st, 2009, 05:08 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
jessica_smith_nyc

Have fun! Just took the train a couple of week ago.......

--
http://www.moviesitearchive.com

On Jul 31, 5:33*am, pinklife
wrote:
Hi !

Me and my husband along with our 2 girls aged 4.5 and 1.5 are planning
on a trip to China in Sep 1st week. Wanted to know :

1. How good are the train connection btw Beijing and China ? In terms
of getting tmings/delays/comfort etc. Do my kids need tix. i saw a
category called delux soft sleeper for 2 persons. Would that be ideal
for my family ?

2. What is the climate like in Beijing/Shangai ?

3. How stroller friendly are the metro stations/tourist spots etc ?

Thanking in advance

--
pinklife

'Vietnam travel' (http://www.waytovietnam.com/)|'Saigon travel guide -
Saigon information for your travel to Saigon, Vietnam'
(http://www.waytosaigon.com)|'Sapa tours, trekking and villages visit'
(http://www.waytosapa.com)

Old August 1st, 2009, 05:48 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
[email protected]

pinklife wrote:
Hi !

Me and my husband along with our 2 girls aged 4.5 and 1.5 are planning
on a trip to China in Sep 1st week. Wanted to know :

1. How good are the train connection btw Beijing and China ? In terms
of getting tmings/delays/comfort etc. Do my kids need tix. i saw a
category called delux soft sleeper for 2 persons. Would that be ideal
for my family ?

Hi,Mrs. Do you know some Chinese? You can get the ticks information
from the site: http://shenghuo.google.cn/shenghuo/pw_nolimit/?ct=h

here is the list

Train No. departure time arrival time time cost
D313 21:20 Beijing(Beijing) 7:19 Shanghai(Shanghai) 9:59
Z21 19:44 Beijing(Beijing) 7:15 Shanghai(Shanghai) 11:31
D305 21:40 Beijing(Beijing) 7:44 Shanghai(Shanghai) 10:4
D301 21:35 Beijing(Beijing) 7:39 Shanghai(Shanghai) 10:4
T103 22:09 Beijing(Beijing) 11:08 Shanghai(Shanghai) 12:59
D31 11:05 South Station of Beijing(Beijing) 20:49
Shanghai(Shanghai) 9:44
T109 22:15 Beijing(Beijing) 12:12 Shanghai(Shanghai) 13:57
1461 14:37 Beijing(Beijing) 14:39 Shanghai(Shanghai) 24:2
T281 22:14 West Station of Beijing(Beijing) 12:58 South Station
of Shanghai(Shanghai) 14:44
T284 22:14 West Station of Beijing(Beijing) 12:58 South Station
of Shanghai(Shanghai) 14:44

I suggest you to choose the D31 or D313, the time is much more
comfortable, and the prices of them are about
hard sleeper RMB453.0 and soft sleeper RMB543.0.
Whether your kids needs tix or not, it depends on your kids' height.
It's maybe 1.1m, I think.

Please MAKE NOTICE THAT, THERE ARE MORE THAN ONE STATIONS IN SHANGHAI
AND BEIJING, DON'T MISTAKE.

2. What is the climate like in Beijing/Shangai ?

It's good and cool, prepare more clothes for kids, and take some common
pills , it's about 20 centidegree.
3. How stroller friendly are the metro stations/tourist spots etc ?

Not very friendly for foreigners or local people, but most of the time,
the guard is safety.
Thanking in advance

Old August 1st, 2009, 05:52 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
[email protected]

wrote:
Hi !

Me and my husband along with our 2 girls aged 4.5 and 1.5 are planning
on a trip to China in Sep 1st week. Wanted to know :

1. How good are the train connection btw Beijing and China ? In terms
of getting tmings/delays/comfort etc. Do my kids need tix. i saw a
category called delux soft sleeper for 2 persons. Would that be ideal
for my family ?

2. What is the climate like in Beijing/Shangai ?

3. How stroller friendly are the metro stations/tourist spots etc ?

Thanking in advance

--
pinklife

'Vietnam travel' (http://www.waytovietnam.com/)|'Saigon travel guide -
Saigon information for your travel to Saigon, Vietnam'
(http://www.waytosaigon.com)|'Sapa tours, trekking and villages visit'
(http://www.waytosapa.com)

Right, take it earler