Safe Flight to London

Old January 18th, 2010, 10:12 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default Safe Flight to London

William Black wrote:

"Cathy L" wrote in message
Can I assume it will be a safe flight from JFK to London this spring?
It would appear bombers will be coming FROM London and not TO London.
We also plan to fly home from Ireland. I think that would be much
safer.

Ask yourself how many aircraft have been destroyed by terrorists flying
from London so far this decade.

Now, how many from JFK?

I think you're being more than a little silly.

Is she ever anything else? It's clear that some travelers have more
money than sense! (But if you put your life on "hold" for fear of
terrorists, then the terrorists have won, haven't they?)

Old January 18th, 2010, 10:16 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*) wrote:
Cathy L wrote:

Can I assume it will be a safe flight from JFK to London this spring?

No. Cancel your plans.

Actually, anytime one makes plans for the future one is assuming one
will still be alive to carry them out - however young and healthy one
may be, life itself is still a gamble, isn't it?
Old January 18th, 2010, 10:25 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

Cathy L wrote:

Can I assume it will be a safe flight from JFK to London this spring?

No. Cancel your plans.

Actually, anytime one makes plans for the future one is assuming one
will still be alive to carry them out - however young and healthy one
may be, life itself is still a gamble, isn't it?

Er, of course.

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
www.davidhorne.net (email address on website)
Old January 18th, 2010, 10:32 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

erilar wrote:
In article ,
"William Black" wrote:

"Cathy L" wrote in message
Can I assume it will be a safe flight from JFK to London this spring?
It would appear bombers will be coming FROM London and not TO London.
We also plan to fly home from Ireland. I think that would be much
safer.

Ask yourself how many aircraft have been destroyed by terrorists flying from
London so far this decade.

Now, how many from JFK?

I think you're being more than a little silly.

I assumed a troll.

No, she's for real, believe it or not! (And apparently has been around
long enough so she shouldn't be as naive as her posts indicate.)

Old January 18th, 2010, 10:45 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Irwell wrote:

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 10:30:36 -0500, Cathy L wrote:

Can I assume it will be a safe flight from JFK to London this spring?
It would appear bombers will be coming FROM London and not TO London.

It was a suicidal Egyptian air pilot who ditched
a plane taking off from JFK some years back.
No survivors.

I flew on the same flight a few months before that. It certainly seems
possible to me it was terrorism of a sort (i.e. threat to the pilot) but
it was never definitively proven.

Old January 19th, 2010, 04:41 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
poldy

In article ,
"William Black" wrote:

"Cathy L" wrote in message
Can I assume it will be a safe flight from JFK to London this spring?
It would appear bombers will be coming FROM London and not TO London.
We also plan to fly home from Ireland. I think that would be much
safer.

Ask yourself how many aircraft have been destroyed by terrorists flying from
London so far this decade.

Now, how many from JFK?

I think you're being more than a little silly.

Either that or brilliant trolling.
Old January 19th, 2010, 07:31 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
zwart geld

On Jan 18, 4:30*pm, Cathy L wrote:
Can I assume it will be a safe flight from JFK to London this spring?
It would appear bombers will be coming FROM London and not TO London.
We also plan to fly home from Ireland. I think that would be much
safer.

Cathy L

why are you asking us ?
are you a terrorist ?
Old January 19th, 2010, 08:17 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ian F.

"zwart geld" wrote in message

why are you asking us ?
are you a terrorist ?

++++++++++

Nope, "she" is a well-known troll. Yet still people reply seriously to
"her". Still, bit of a laugh if you have time, I suppose.

Ian

Old January 19th, 2010, 08:29 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Frank Hucklenbroich

Am Mon, 18 Jan 2010 10:30:36 -0500 schrieb Cathy L:

Can I assume it will be a safe flight from JFK to London this spring?
It would appear bombers will be coming FROM London and not TO London.
We also plan to fly home from Ireland. I think that would be much
safer.

Make sure it's Northern Ireland you go from and let them friendly guys at
the local irish-pub help you pack your suitcase.

SCNR,

Frank
Old January 19th, 2010, 04:03 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
William Black

"Hatunen" wrote in message
On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 00:08:11 +0530, "William Black"
wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EgyptAir_Flight_990

I know it's a month or two over a decade.

From that site I gather that thus far the cause has not been
determined to the satisfaction of the interested parties.

It has to the satisfaction of anyone with half a brain.

--
William Black

Time for tea.