Lomdon in August

Old February 11th, 2010, 03:22 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ian F.

Default Lomdon in August

"Gregory Morrow" wrote in message
m...

She could holiday in the Dolomites or on Mt. Blanc...

But there's no McDonalds on Mt. Blanc.

Ian

Old February 11th, 2010, 03:51 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
JohnT[_5_]

On 11/02/2010 3:22 PM, Ian F. wrote:
"Gregory Morrow" wrote in message
m...

She could holiday in the Dolomites or on Mt. Blanc...

But there's no McDonalds on Mt. Blanc.

But there is one at Rue du Mont-Blanc in Geneva.
--
JohnT
Old February 11th, 2010, 07:54 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Cathy L wrote:
On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 09:00:16 -0700, Ken Blake
wrote:

In several countries in Europe (Italy and France, for example), August
is a poor month to visit because many people are on vacation and many
places like restaurants are therefore closed. What about England
(London in particular)? Is the same true there?

The only concern I would have is the heat. I don't think they have
real great air conditioning.

Cathy L

They've never really NEEDED it, until recent years!
Old February 12th, 2010, 01:51 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Surreyman[_2_]

On 10 Feb, 16:00, Ken Blake wrote:
In several countries in Europe (Italy and France, for example), August
is a poor month to visit because many people are on vacation and many
places like restaurants are therefore closed. What about England
(London in particular)? Is the same true there?

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup

London & England are a tourist centre.
The last thing it's going to do is shut at the height of the season!

Surreyman
Old February 14th, 2010, 02:29 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Cathy L[_5_]

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 00:18:17 +0100, Martin wrote:

wrote:

In several countries in Europe (Italy and France, for example), August
is a poor month to visit because many people are on vacation and many
places like restaurants are therefore closed. What about England
(London in particular)? Is the same true there?

The only concern I would have is the heat. I don't think they have
real great air conditioning.

Cathy L

They've never really NEEDED it, until recent years!

In the good old days everybody had a fan.

I think Europe is about 50 years behind the U.S. on providing air
conditioning.

Cathy L
Old February 14th, 2010, 04:26 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

wrote:

In several countries in Europe (Italy and France, for example), August
is a poor month to visit because many people are on vacation and many
places like restaurants are therefore closed. What about England
(London in particular)? Is the same true there?
The only concern I would have is the heat. I don't think they have
real great air conditioning.

Cathy L
They've never really NEEDED it, until recent years!

In the good old days everybody had a fan.

I think Europe is about 50 years behind the U.S. on providing air
conditioning.

Cathy L

You cretin, why would they bother when, as I previously stated, it was
never NEEDED? Most of Europe (and particularly England) has much cooler
summers than the U.S. - if the daily temperature ever rises above 90F,
it makes headlines. Windows are generally made to open, and as Martin
says, fans have been around for a long time! (Europeans tend to be less
into "conspicuous consumption" and "planned obsolescence" than USAians.)
Old February 14th, 2010, 04:42 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Magda[_33_]

Default London in August

wrote:

[...]

Calling "Cathy" a cretin has to be a compliment. She sounds like a
patriotic legume.

========
It sounds much better in French, but then, everything does.

Old February 14th, 2010, 05:20 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
William Black

"Cathy L" wrote in message

I think Europe is about 50 years behind the U.S. on providing air
conditioning.

You're an idiot.

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old February 14th, 2010, 10:57 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ian F.

"William Black" wrote in message

You're an idiot.

Nope - 'she' is a troll. And quite a successful one, it seems. ;-)

Ian

Old February 15th, 2010, 07:37 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.[_5_]

On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 19:28:03 +0100, Martin wrote in post :
:

I think Europe is about 50 years behind the U.S. on providing air
conditioning.

but a thousand years ahead in culture?

lol!

--