The end of a newsgroup

Old February 23rd, 2010, 12:56 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Cathy L[_5_]

Default The end of a newsgroup

Well, that pretty much does it. It looks like this newsgroup has gone
the way of the CB radio. It is ruined by a few people that, for some
strange reason, choose to belittle anyone that asks for help.

I trust you all enjoy each others warped sense of humor. Have a great
life.

Love,

Cathy L
Old February 23rd, 2010, 01:59 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Michael[_1_]

Cathy L wrote:
Well, that pretty much does it. It looks like this newsgroup has gone
the way of the CB radio. It is ruined by a few people that, for some
strange reason, choose to belittle anyone that asks for help.

I trust you all enjoy each others warped sense of humor. Have a great
life.

Love,

Cathy L

I don't see the same posts as you, as I seem to have the largest kill
file in history. But after a while you do have to ask if it's worth the
bother.

http://cannes-or-bust.com/
Old February 23rd, 2010, 02:47 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Joseph Pessarra

"Michael" wrote in message
Cathy L wrote:
Well, that pretty much does it. It looks like this newsgroup has gone
the way of the CB radio. It is ruined by a few people that, for some
strange reason, choose to belittle anyone that asks for help.

I trust you all enjoy each others warped sense of humor. Have a great
life.

Love,

Cathy L

I don't see the same posts as you, as I seem to have the largest kill file
in history. But after a while you do have to ask if it's worth the bother.

http://cannes-or-bust.com/

Just started looking at this group again after a couple of years absence.
Had received lots of help here in the past, and even been able to help
others a little. Guess I will follow the group for awhile, but the future
does not look good for it.

Joe in Texas

Old February 23rd, 2010, 04:09 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ian F.

"Cathy L" wrote in message

Well, that pretty much does it. It looks like this newsgroup has gone
the way of the CB radio. It is ruined by a few people that, for some
strange reason, choose to belittle anyone that asks for help.

I trust you all enjoy each others warped sense of humor. Have a great
life.

Trollometer:

010
3

Must do better.

Ian

Old February 23rd, 2010, 04:55 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

Cathy L wrote:

Well, that pretty much does it. It looks like this newsgroup has gone
the way of the CB radio. It is ruined by a few people that, for some
strange reason, choose to belittle anyone that asks for help.

I trust you all enjoy each others warped sense of humor. Have a great
life.

Don't let the slice of pizza hit you on the way out.

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
www.davidhorne.net (email address on website)
Old February 23rd, 2010, 04:56 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
J'ai retrouvé mon chien...elle s'appelle runge

On Feb 23, 1:56*pm, Cathy L wrote:
Well, that pretty much does it. It looks like this newsgroup has gone
the way of the CB radio. It is ruined by a few people that, for some
strange reason, choose to belittle anyone that asks for help.

I trust you all enjoy each others warped sense of humor. Have a great
life.

Love,

Cathy L

....du bist immer ein arslok...
Old February 23rd, 2010, 05:02 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
William Black

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)" wrote in message
Cathy L wrote:

Well, that pretty much does it. It looks like this newsgroup has gone
the way of the CB radio. It is ruined by a few people that, for some
strange reason, choose to belittle anyone that asks for help.

I trust you all enjoy each others warped sense of humor. Have a great
life.

Don't let the slice of pizza hit you on the way out.

She'll be back...

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old February 23rd, 2010, 06:17 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
tim....

"Cathy L" wrote in message
Well, that pretty much does it. It looks like this newsgroup has gone
the way of the CB radio. It is ruined by a few people that, for some
strange reason, choose to belittle anyone that asks for help.

I trust you all enjoy each others warped sense of humor. Have a great
life.

Well I agree with the conclusion, but not with the reason.

IMHO it died because no-one (except the trolls) came here to ask the
questions, that kept the regulars here to answer

tim

Old February 23rd, 2010, 06:39 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Cathy L wrote:
Well, that pretty much does it. It looks like this newsgroup has gone
the way of the CB radio. It is ruined by a few people that, for some
strange reason, choose to belittle anyone that asks for help.

Not "anyone" - just trollish posters who pretend to be totally naive
travelers who dislike all things foreign to the American experience!
(Including quite a few fellow Americans who find your posts embarrassing.)