planning early. what to do in London during May 2008

Old January 29th, 2008, 03:09 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

Default planning early. what to do in London during May 2008

Going to London during the month of May.

Bringing a girl friend, who has never been to London (from
California), before. So far we have plans to see Globe Theatre, V&A,
London Eye, Dickens' House, Science Museum, Theatre Museum, Herb
Garette & Surgery, Southwark Church, Harrods, Fortum &, several West
End Shows using TimeOut, Covent Garden, London Walks, Sherlock Holmes
Museum, Greenwich.

Would anyone like to make suggestions of what to see? We have 3 weeks
and are planning on remaining inside Greater London.
Old January 29th, 2008, 06:09 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
William Black

wrote in message
Going to London during the month of May.

Bringing a girl friend, who has never been to London (from
California), before. So far we have plans to see Globe Theatre, V&A,
London Eye, Dickens' House, Science Museum, Theatre Museum, Herb
Garette & Surgery, Southwark Church, Harrods, Fortum &, several West
End Shows using TimeOut, Covent Garden, London Walks, Sherlock Holmes
Museum, Greenwich.

Would anyone like to make suggestions of what to see? We have 3 weeks
and are planning on remaining inside Greater London.

Tower of London, National Gallery, Natural History Museum (next door to
the Science Museum, it's a one day thing to do both) The Wallace
Collection, Museum of London, walk from Trafalgar Square down Whitehall to
Parliament Square and see real live politicians walking to work, having a
meal in 'The Gay Hussar' and generally hanging out, take the river trip from
Westminster to Greenwich, and see the Maritime Museum there.

Plus do some other stuff:

Take a ride out to Stratford (in the day time, Stratford after dark isn't
that safe) and see the real multicultural London with take-aways where you
don't even recognise the script over the door, never mind read the
language.

Mix with the stars and have afternoon tea in Fortum and Mason's 'Fountain'
cafe, no reservations, everyone has to queue, even Madonna...

Go to Hatton Garden and see some seriously nice jewellery.

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old January 29th, 2008, 03:00 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Iceman

On Jan 29, 1:09 am, "William Black"
wrote:
wrote in message

Going to London during the month of May.

Bringing a girl friend, who has never been to London (from
California), before. So far we have plans to see Globe Theatre, V&A,
London Eye, Dickens' House, Science Museum, Theatre Museum, Herb
Garette & Surgery, Southwark Church, Harrods, Fortum &, several West
End Shows using TimeOut, Covent Garden, London Walks, Sherlock Holmes
Museum, Greenwich.

Would anyone like to make suggestions of what to see? We have 3 weeks
and are planning on remaining inside Greater London.

Take day trips to Oxford and the Hampton Court Palace. Definitely
don't miss the British Museum, Westminster Abbey and St. Paul's.

Tower of London, National Gallery, Natural History Museum (next door to
the Science Museum, it's a one day thing to do both) The Wallace
Collection, Museum of London, walk from Trafalgar Square down Whitehall to
Parliament Square and see real live politicians walking to work, having a
meal in 'The Gay Hussar' and generally hanging out, take the river trip from
Westminster to Greenwich, and see the Maritime Museum there.

Out of that whole list I would rank the Museum of London highest.

Take a ride out to Stratford (in the day time, Stratford after dark isn't
that safe) and see the real multicultural London with take-aways where you
don't even recognise the script over the door, never mind read the
language.

Or Brixton (West Indian) or Southall (South Asian).
Old January 29th, 2008, 03:08 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

Iceman wrote:

On Jan 29, 1:09 am, "William Black"
wrote:

[]
Take a ride out to Stratford (in the day time, Stratford after dark isn't
that safe) and see the real multicultural London with take-aways where you
don't even recognise the script over the door, never mind read the
language.

Or Brixton (West Indian) or Southall (South Asian).

Or Belgravia (Saudi Arabian)

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate -www.davidhorne.net
(email address on website) "If people think God is interesting, the
Old January 29th, 2008, 03:25 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
a.spencer3

wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

Buck House anyone?
Maybe the open-top bus tour round all the central sights?
Windsor Castle & Eton?

Surreyman

Old January 29th, 2008, 04:14 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Sarah Banick

wrote in message
Going to London during the month of May.

Bringing a girl friend, who has never been to London (from
California), before. So far we have plans to see Globe Theatre, V&A,
London Eye, Dickens' House, Science Museum, Theatre Museum, Herb
Garette & Surgery, Southwark Church, Harrods, Fortum &, several West
End Shows using TimeOut, Covent Garden, London Walks, Sherlock Holmes
Museum, Greenwich.

Would anyone like to make suggestions of what to see? We have 3 weeks
and are planning on remaining inside Greater London.

Check out London Walks (www.walks.com). They do oodles and oodles of walking
tours, most led by historians and actors. Very informative and lots of fun.
I've probably done 10 of them by now, and I'm never disappointed. Especially
if you want to explore a particular subject -- Dicken's London, the Beatles
London, Christopher Wren's architecture, etc. etc.

No affilation, just a happy customer :-)