Safe Flight to London

Old January 18th, 2010, 03:30 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Cathy L[_5_]

Default Safe Flight to London

Can I assume it will be a safe flight from JFK to London this spring?
It would appear bombers will be coming FROM London and not TO London.
We also plan to fly home from Ireland. I think that would be much
safer.

Cathy L
Old January 18th, 2010, 05:58 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
JohnT[_5_]

On 18/01/2010 3:30 PM, Cathy L wrote:
Can I assume it will be a safe flight from JFK to London this spring?
It would appear bombers will be coming FROM London and not TO London.
We also plan to fly home from Ireland. I think that would be much
safer.

Cathy L

Amsterdam is not part of London. You should know that following your
extensive tour of Europe several years ago. The main hazard in New York
is Canada geese. You may not be as fortunate as the passengers on
US1549. On your return trip you should beware of low-flying leprechauns.
However, the Airbuses DO have bathrooms.
--
JohnT
Old January 18th, 2010, 06:12 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
William Black

"Cathy L" wrote in message
Can I assume it will be a safe flight from JFK to London this spring?
It would appear bombers will be coming FROM London and not TO London.
We also plan to fly home from Ireland. I think that would be much
safer.

Ask yourself how many aircraft have been destroyed by terrorists flying from
London so far this decade.

Now, how many from JFK?

I think you're being more than a little silly.

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old January 18th, 2010, 06:21 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
irwell

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 10:30:36 -0500, Cathy L wrote:

Can I assume it will be a safe flight from JFK to London this spring?
It would appear bombers will be coming FROM London and not TO London.

It was a suicidal Egyptian air pilot who ditched
a plane taking off from JFK some years back.
No survivors.
Old January 18th, 2010, 06:25 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
S Viemeister[_2_]

William Black wrote:
"Cathy L" wrote
Can I assume it will be a safe flight from JFK to London this spring?
It would appear bombers will be coming FROM London and not TO London.
We also plan to fly home from Ireland. I think that would be much
safer.

Ask yourself how many aircraft have been destroyed by terrorists flying
from London so far this decade.

Now, how many from JFK?

The 9/11 bombers flew out of EWR, not JFK, didn't they?

I think you're being more than a little silly.

Old January 18th, 2010, 06:38 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
William Black

"S Viemeister" wrote in message
William Black wrote:
"Cathy L" wrote
Can I assume it will be a safe flight from JFK to London this spring?
It would appear bombers will be coming FROM London and not TO London.
We also plan to fly home from Ireland. I think that would be much
safer.

Ask yourself how many aircraft have been destroyed by terrorists flying
from London so far this decade.

Now, how many from JFK?

The 9/11 bombers flew out of EWR, not JFK, didn't they?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EgyptAir_Flight_990

I know it's a month or two over a decade.

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old January 18th, 2010, 06:42 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Hatunen

On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 00:08:11 +0530, "William Black"
wrote:

"S Viemeister" wrote in message
William Black wrote:
"Cathy L" wrote
Can I assume it will be a safe flight from JFK to London this spring?
It would appear bombers will be coming FROM London and not TO London.
We also plan to fly home from Ireland. I think that would be much
safer.

Ask yourself how many aircraft have been destroyed by terrorists flying
from London so far this decade.

Now, how many from JFK?

The 9/11 bombers flew out of EWR, not JFK, didn't they?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EgyptAir_Flight_990

I know it's a month or two over a decade.

From that site I gather that thus far the cause has not been
determined to the satisfaction of the interested parties.

Old January 18th, 2010, 08:28 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

Cathy L wrote:

Can I assume it will be a safe flight from JFK to London this spring?

No. Cancel your plans.

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
www.davidhorne.net (email address on website)
Old January 18th, 2010, 10:08 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge11

No, not safe. Your pal martin will protect you.
Thanks to you here we go again with 10 years of funny jokes.

discussion : ...

Old January 18th, 2010, 10:11 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
erilar

In article ,
"William Black" wrote:

"Cathy L" wrote in message
Can I assume it will be a safe flight from JFK to London this spring?
It would appear bombers will be coming FROM London and not TO London.
We also plan to fly home from Ireland. I think that would be much
safer.

Ask yourself how many aircraft have been destroyed by terrorists flying from
London so far this decade.

Now, how many from JFK?

I think you're being more than a little silly.

I assumed a troll.

--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist

http://www.chibardun.net/~erilarlo