Finally decided me - I'm off

Old March 8th, 2010, 03:16 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ian F.

Default Finally decided me - I'm off

Not that many of you will give a toss (maybe Martin? ;-)), but I'm buggering
off from rte. Used to be a great place to go to for, and to offer, advice,
but it's now just a dumping ground for certain posters' puerile trash.

TripAdvisor forums - that's the place to be, I reckon. Maybe see some of you
there.

A tout a l'heure,

Ian

Old March 8th, 2010, 08:16 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Martin wrote:
On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 15:16:43 -0000, "Ian F." wrote:

Not that many of you will give a toss (maybe Martin? ;-)), but I'm buggering
off from rte. Used to be a great place to go to for, and to offer, advice,
but it's now just a dumping ground for certain posters' puerile trash.

TripAdvisor forums - that's the place to be, I reckon. Maybe see some of you
there.

A tout a l'heure,

Come back Ian, we will all miss you.

Indeed! There must be SOME way of eliminating all the bigoted garbage
bad mouthing the American president and "discussing" American politics
favoring the fascist viewpoint! True, one can simply scroll past it,
but there seems to be so MUCH of it, lately. (Usually cross-posts
involving groups that have nothing to do with European travel.)
Old March 8th, 2010, 09:16 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom P[_6_]

Ian F. wrote:
Not that many of you will give a toss (maybe Martin? ;-)), but I'm
buggering off from rte. Used to be a great place to go to for, and to
offer, advice, but it's now just a dumping ground for certain posters'
puerile trash.

TripAdvisor forums - that's the place to be, I reckon. Maybe see some of
you there.

A tout a l'heure,

Ian

I'm having the same doubts - the reminder just arrived last week from
individual.net for the annual subscription. Is it really worth while
continuing with newsgroups?

Old March 9th, 2010, 12:31 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jesper Lauridsen[_1_]

On 2010-03-08, Ian F. wrote:
Not that many of you will give a toss (maybe Martin? ;-)), but I'm buggering
off from rte. Used to be a great place to go to for, and to offer, advice,
but it's now just a dumping ground for certain posters' puerile trash.

If your newsreader supports killing on crossposts, getting rid of PJ et al,
is fairly simple.
Old March 9th, 2010, 06:23 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.[_5_]

On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 13:16:22 -0700, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote in
post : :

Martin wrote:
On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 15:16:43 -0000, "Ian F." wrote:

Not that many of you will give a toss (maybe Martin? ;-)), but I'm buggering
off from rte. Used to be a great place to go to for, and to offer, advice,
but it's now just a dumping ground for certain posters' puerile trash.

TripAdvisor forums - that's the place to be, I reckon. Maybe see some of you
there.

A tout a l'heure,

Come back Ian, we will all miss you.

Indeed! There must be SOME way of eliminating all the bigoted garbage
bad mouthing the American president and "discussing" American politics
favoring the fascist viewpoint! True, one can simply scroll past it,
but there seems to be so MUCH of it, lately. (Usually cross-posts
involving groups that have nothing to do with European travel.)

Can't you set your newsreader to ignore/delete crossposts? Do that and 90%
of it's gone. Then add a few suspects to your killfile and that's 90% of
the remaining rubbish.

--
Tim C.
Old March 9th, 2010, 07:46 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom P[_6_]

Martin wrote:
On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 22:16:07 +0100, Tom P wrote:

Ian F. wrote:
Not that many of you will give a toss (maybe Martin? ;-)), but I'm
buggering off from rte. Used to be a great place to go to for, and to
offer, advice, but it's now just a dumping ground for certain posters'
puerile trash.

TripAdvisor forums - that's the place to be, I reckon. Maybe see some of
you there.

A tout a l'heure,

Ian

I'm having the same doubts - the reminder just arrived last week from
individual.net for the annual subscription. Is it really worth while
continuing with newsgroups?

At €10/year are you kidding?

At €0/century forums are cheaper. It's not that I'm a skinflint, it's
just I ask myself why I pay for the privilege of being subjected to the
ramblings of unhinged right-wing geriatrics.

T.

Old March 9th, 2010, 07:51 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom P[_6_]

On 2010-03-08, Ian F. wrote:
Not that many of you will give a toss (maybe Martin? ;-)), but I'm buggering
off from rte. Used to be a great place to go to for, and to offer, advice,
but it's now just a dumping ground for certain posters' puerile trash.

If your newsreader supports killing on crossposts, getting rid of PJ et al,
is fairly simple.

I have Thunderbird - is there an add-on to kill x-posts?
Old March 9th, 2010, 07:56 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom P[_6_]

wrote:

Martin wrote:
On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 15:16:43 -0000, "Ian F." wrote:

Not that many of you will give a toss (maybe Martin? ;-)), but I'm buggering
off from rte. Used to be a great place to go to for, and to offer, advice,
but it's now just a dumping ground for certain posters' puerile trash.

TripAdvisor forums - that's the place to be, I reckon. Maybe see some of you
there.

A tout a l'heure,
Come back Ian, we will all miss you.

Indeed! There must be SOME way of eliminating all the bigoted garbage
bad mouthing the American president and "discussing" American politics
favoring the fascist viewpoint! True, one can simply scroll past it,
but there seems to be so MUCH of it, lately. (Usually cross-posts
involving groups that have nothing to do with European travel.)

I've got Agent set to ignore cross posts. That gets rid of most of it.

I see you use Forte.
Old March 9th, 2010, 01:50 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mike Lane[_2_]

wrote:

Not that many of you will give a toss (maybe Martin? ;-)), but I'm
buggering
off from rte. Used to be a great place to go to for, and to offer, advice,
but it's now just a dumping ground for certain posters' puerile trash.

TripAdvisor forums - that's the place to be, I reckon. Maybe see some of
you
there.

A tout a l'heure,

Come back Ian, we will all miss you.

Indeed! There must be SOME way of eliminating all the bigoted garbage
bad mouthing the American president and "discussing" American politics
favoring the fascist viewpoint! True, one can simply scroll past it,
but there seems to be so MUCH of it, lately. (Usually cross-posts
involving groups that have nothing to do with European travel.)

You help to encourage it yourself by replying to some of these posts with
your reply also cross-posted to all the inappropriate groups.

Can't you at least remove the cross-posting from your replies?

--
Mike Lane
UK North Yorkshire