One good reason not to travel with Air France

Old September 14th, 2011, 12:21 PM posted to rec.travel.air
William Black[_2_]

Default One good reason not to travel with Air France

On 14/09/11 08:43, Mxsmanic wrote:
William Black writes:

Single aisle aircraft.

How many of those do Air France fly to the US?

I believe all AF flights to/from the U.S. are widebodies currently.

So your comment about the US authorities was just you talking ********...

No change...

Even if the flight is going elsewhere, that's no excuse to risk the safety of
the flight by boarding drunks.

As I said, I don't think it's a flight, I think it's a training exercise.

Too many men, too many reading papers during the take-off safety
briefing, no mixture of clothing, no camera shake due to bumping of
the aircraft as it rolls across the tarmac, the obvious good humour of
the lady giving the talk as they're usually looking bored.

It doesn't look like any flight I have ever been on.

--
William Black

Free men have open minds
If you want loyalty, buy a dog...
Old September 16th, 2011, 07:51 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Mxsmanic

William Black writes:

So your comment about the US authorities was just you talking ********...

I presume that similar air regulations exist in France, I just haven't looked
them up. Even if no regulations exist, it is exceedingly reckless to depart
with drunken, ill-behaved passengers aboard. Once the airplane is flying, you
cannot simply pull over to the curb and throw out any unruly passengers.
That's why the regulations exist.

As I said, I don't think it's a flight, I think it's a training exercise.

If it's a training exercise, it's still a failure. The airplane should be
taxiing back to the gate to remove the disruptive passengers. You don't ignore
disruptive passengers, you remove them.

It doesn't look like any flight I have ever been on.

I hope it doesn't look like any flight I'll ever be on. But Air France was
already way down on my list.
Old September 16th, 2011, 10:13 PM posted to rec.travel.air
William Black[_2_]

On 16/09/11 19:51, Mxsmanic wrote:
William Black writes:

So your comment about the US authorities was just you talking ********...

I presume that similar air regulations exist in France, I just haven't looked
them up. Even if no regulations exist, it is exceedingly reckless to depart
with drunken, ill-behaved passengers aboard. Once the airplane is flying, you
cannot simply pull over to the curb and throw out any unruly passengers.
That's why the regulations exist.

You're just making stuff up as you go along here.

As I said, I don't think it's a flight, I think it's a training exercise.

If it's a training exercise, it's still a failure. The airplane should be
taxiing back to the gate to remove the disruptive passengers. You don't ignore
disruptive passengers, you remove them.

And you're not an expert.

Nobody is out of their seat, nobody is shouting or being overtly
insulting, it's on the edge of disruption.

Which is presumably why it's being done.

There's a fine line between disruption and boisterous behaviour and if
you get it wrong it costs a shed load of cash.

Well, not 'you' obviously, your judgement is notoriously poor...

It doesn't look like any flight I have ever been on.

I hope it doesn't look like any flight I'll ever be on. But Air France was
already way down on my list.

When could you last afford an air ticket?

--
William Black

Free men have open minds
If you want loyalty, buy a dog...
Old September 18th, 2011, 10:59 PM posted to rec.travel.air
hls

"William Black" wrote in message
When could you last afford an air ticket?

--
William Black

That is a real cheap shot.. Can YOU, William?

Old September 18th, 2011, 11:37 PM posted to rec.travel.air
William Black[_2_]

On 18/09/11 22:59, hls wrote:

"William Black" wrote in message
When could you last afford an air ticket?

That is a real cheap shot..

He was asking for it.

Can YOU, William?

I do hope so, they won't let me on an aircraft without one...

If you check my headers from late June and early August you'll find I
was on a different continent to the one I'm posting from now...

--
William Black

Free men have open minds
If you want loyalty, buy a dog...
Old September 21st, 2011, 12:28 PM posted to rec.travel.air
hls

On 18/09/11 22:59, hls wrote:

"William Black" wrote in message
When could you last afford an air ticket?

That is a real cheap shot..

He was asking for it.

Can YOU, William?

I do hope so, they won't let me on an aircraft without one...

If you check my headers from late June and early August you'll find I was
on a different continent to the one I'm posting from now...

--
William Black

It is getting harder for me to purchase a ticket under conditions nowadays.
I was "comped" two business class tickets from
Delta/Air France due to an overbooking from Rio de Janeiro
to the USA. When I used the tickets, a year later, I had to
copay as much to use these tickets as the original flight cost
anyway.

I guess a lot people and some companies are having trouble
with cash flow at present.

Old September 29th, 2011, 10:59 PM posted to rec.travel.air
William Black[_2_]

On 29/09/11 20:15, Wolfgang Schwanke wrote:
wrote in
:

********...

I presume that similar air regulations exist in France, I just haven't
looked them up. Even if no regulations exist, it is exceedingly
reckless to depart with drunken, ill-behaved passengers aboard. Once
the airplane is flying, you cannot simply pull over to the curb and
throw out any unruly passengers. That's why the regulations exist.

If there was a rule not to allow drunken passengers aboard, it would be
pointless, because airlines serve booze on the flight. Air France will
give you champagne for free if you're lucky,

Well they did, but that must have disappeared some time last year
because I haven't seen any on their long haul flights for the past year
or so.

--
William Black

Free men have open minds