Outer banks in November?

Old October 15th, 2003, 01:33 PM
John Watson

Default Outer banks in November?

We'll be in the area and have never been to the Outer banks. Would we
be crazy to go this time of year? will anything be open? what kind of
weather might we expect? the temperature profile looks fine but
unclear about rain and wind.
Any special recommendations for a fall trip?
thank you
John
Old October 15th, 2003, 03:50 PM
Frank F. Matthews

The weather should be fairly dreary with wind always present. Large
portions of the outer banks are closed and will remain so for a while
give that the road on Hatteras is completely out. Some places will be
operating but check carefully on the current situation. I suspect that
a lot of properties will write off the fall & winter and spend the time
renovating for next year. FFM

Old October 15th, 2003, 04:58 PM
Jon Bell

John Watson wrote:

We'll be in the area and have never been to the Outer banks. Would we
be crazy to go this time of year?

I would think that *this* fall in particular would be a bad time to visit,
with Hurricane Isabel having passed by there a few weeks ago. If I
remember correctly, a new inlet has cut Hatteras Island into two pieces.
Things must still be pretty messy up there, in general.

--
Jon Bell Presbyterian College
Old October 16th, 2003, 02:49 AM
Juliana L Holm

John Watson wrote:
We'll be in the area and have never been to the Outer banks. Would we
be crazy to go this time of year? will anything be open? what kind of
weather might we expect? the temperature profile looks fine but
unclear about rain and wind.
Any special recommendations for a fall trip?

The northern Outer Banks, Duck, Corolla, Kill Devil Hills, Southern Shores,
Kitty Hawk, Nag's Head, Manteo, will be fine by November. They have the 100th
anniversary of flight going in December and want to be ready for it.

The southern Outerbanks (Hatteras, waves, Salvo, etc.) will be dicier

--
Julie